Windows 10: ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired

Discus and support ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I booted up the other day I got the message that THIS version of Throttlestop has stopped working since it was out of date. Thanks for the heads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by phaedruspress, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired

When I booted up the other day I got the message that THIS version of Throttlestop has stopped working since it was out of date. Thanks for the heads up before shutting down : ) I only use Throttlestop to undervolt. Frankly it was not apparent to me how to "install" the new version without losing my settings but as it turns out I was led to a suggestion that informed me to just to replace the new .exe version in the same folder as the old one and that seemed to work.

If I am not mistaken one of the better go to guides on how to setup ThrottleStop is the one at NotebookCheck which is the one I used.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to....213140.0.html

However that guide I suspect though I do not know is getting somewhat long in the tooth now that it is almost two years old and I was wondering if anyone knows of a more current guide commensurate with the new version that is out, ThrottleStop 8.70. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 4, 2019
  2. newls196 Win User

ThrottleStop Ver. 830

Is it possible to keep using throttlestop version 830 and NOT ver 840? I keep getting an error saying ver 830 has expired and using ver 840 will NOT clock my 2670v3 dual xeon PC even close to where ver 830 let me>>>> HELP!!!!!! Thanks a million to anyone that can help me!!

someone?

newls196, Jan 4, 2019
  3. ThrottleStop - The beta version has expired

The title says it all. I downloaded and installed throttleStop for the first time a couple months back. I did this to undervolt my Surface Pro 4 cpu (for lower temps & longer battery life). Since it was using an i5 skylake cpu I had to download the beta version that supports those CPU's.

That was ThrottleStop 8.10 Beta 2. Now today when ThrottleStop tried to start it said, "The beta version has expired". I went to download the latest version but it hasn't been updated in over half a year. It's still version 8.10 Beta 2. I still went ahead downloading it and opened it to see what would happen. The only thing that has change is that I get the prompt telling you that it's not ThrottleStop fault if you break your computer. After that you get the message, "The beta version has expired" again.

I don't want to change my system date to make ThrottleStop to work again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shadow_Spawn, Jan 4, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired

ThrottleStop - The beta version has expired

@unclewebb , I recently installed Throttlestop 8.40 since the previous version expired.
    I only use it for Speed Shift, is the value "128" the default value on windows 10 with Speed Shift?
    (I'm on Windows 8.1)

How do I prevent it from expiring again?
    Or will Throttlestop constantly being updated and I just need to install the latest version every 6 months?

Edit: Where can I provide feedback in Throttlestop if you need it so it won't expire anymore?

Thanks for this software!

P4-630, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired

1. ThrottleStop Had The Audacity To Stop Working Re: Ver. Expired - Similar Threads - ThrottleStop Audacity Stop

2. Throttlestop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttlestop: How do i make my throttlestop open on startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/throttlestop/d8654885-5d9b-49e6-a2df-b377ec2bda3c
  3. Throttlestop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Throttlestop: How do i make my throttlestop open on startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/throttlestop/d8654885-5d9b-49e6-a2df-b377ec2bda3c
  4. Help with Audacity 'Spyware'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Audacity 'Spyware': Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) Audacity 3.0.2 Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner - MacRumors How can block the spyware, (Firewall, Registry... everywhere where I can...
  5. Throttlestop stopped working after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Throttlestop stopped working after the 20H2 update: Hey Ive read it up and looks like there's nothing I can do. I rolled back to the older version and it worked fine yesterday, Windows updated itself overnight and now I cant find the option to roll back in Recovery, is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/Theboyscampus...
  6. Audacity . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audacity . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After installation? I looked in, x86 program files? I've looked, everywhere.? I even looked. In the Control Panel. To see, if it was listed....
  7. Latitude e6320 with Throttlestop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latitude e6320 with Throttlestop: So... Yeah I wanna push this laptop to its limits. Can someone help me set up the ThrottleStop software for this laptop specifically so it wont throttle hard but will be able to work a little faster? If someone cant read the specs of the laptop here they are: Core i5-2520m...
  8. Re: My Windows 10 expiration

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re: My Windows 10 expiration: Hi Good day to all, I have read the message when I opened my PC that the Windows 10 will expire very soon and when I I go to the Settings it asks me the Product number to activate the Windows operating system. How can I get the Product number please. Respectfully yours,...
  9. Alternatives to Audacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives to Audacity: ​​Any good free audio editors that will work with Windows 10? I basically just need a decent sound recorder. Thanks​ 19114
  10. built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity): I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype 90600

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thorttlestop reinstall will it work after stopped working

2. not able to install throttlestop