Windows 10: Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

Discus and support Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by acemoggy, Oct 6, 2020.

1. acemoggy Win User

Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim.

As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS game Controllers connected to a USB port either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1 my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors will not go into Standby mode. If I disconnect it then things work as they should. Have just come from Windows7-64bit and this issue was absent.

Have looked at various Google searches/Forums and there does appear to be a general trend of game controllers working with W10 causing this issue...am wondering if anyone knows of a fix. Currently I just disconnect the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle & Joystick Controllers when not using it as a work around. This has been an issue with Windows10 on and off since its release 6 years ago.

Thanks acemoggy

System specs:
    Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor
    Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO
    Memory: G.Skill RAM, F4-3600C16D-32GTZR, 32GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

:)

acemoggy, Oct 6, 2020
  2. SoFine409 Win User

Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

Thrustmaster has a firmware update available for that throttle. The updater program is included with the install package. I wonder if that will solve your problem. I have the same setup for FS2020 but I don’t use a screensaver so I haven’t noticed the issue.

SoFine409, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Felix77 Win User
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim.

As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller connected to a USB port (either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1) my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors will not go into Standby mode. If I disconnect it then things work as they should. Have just come from Windows7-64bit and this issue was absent.

Have looked at various Google searches/Forums and there does appear to be a general trend of game controllers working with W10 causing this issue...am wondering if anyone knows of a fix. Currently I just disconnect the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller when not using it as a work around.

Thanks .

System specs:
    Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor
    Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO
    Memory: G.Skill RAM, F4-3600C16D-32GTZR, 32GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

Felix77, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

Does anyone know how to enable a Thrustmaster Joystick/Throttle Controller to free-trial flight simulators ???

Hi William,

Having a compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to use a Thrustmaster Joystick on your Windows 10 device. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using your Thrustmaster Joystick on a different computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit the link below and run the "Find and fix problems with devices and hardware".

How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

1. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby - Similar Threads - Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

2. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  3. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  4. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  5. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  6. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

7. Thrustmaster control problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thrustmaster control problem: My Thrustmaster controls are not working in Flight Simulator 2020. They are oversensitive and I crash whenever I try to take off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thrustmaster-control-problem/9ca84f96-4671-4a83-bf24-f674710f3f42
  8. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby: I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller connected to a USB port (either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1) my screensaver will not initialise and my...
  9. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107471
  10. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200