Windows 10: Thumb drive issue (problem)

Discus and support Thumb drive issue (problem) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I insert my 16 GB Kingston flash drive, many windows pop open, perhaps 10 or so. I reformatted the drive again, closed all the windows, removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lenberman, Jul 4, 2017.

1. lenberman Win User

Thumb drive issue (problem)

When I insert my 16 GB Kingston flash drive, many windows pop open, perhaps 10 or so. I reformatted the drive again, closed all the windows, removed and reinserted it, and the same thing happens. Can someone please help.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 4, 2017

2. Thumb drive issue

W10 won't recognize my USB thumb drive. Would like to be able to install music to this drive, but doesn't show up on

"Send To" list or on the drives shown in "This PC". Never had this issue in W7 Home, so wondering if there's a fix for W10.

Bob

BobLandryZS, Jul 4, 2017
  3. thumb drive issue

when I plug in a thumb drive, it is not showing up on my computer screen. I know it is supposed to be on bottom corner, but it is not there. Help. I really need to access the info on it to finish my work this morning.

AngelaCunniffe, Jul 4, 2017
  4. lenberman Win User

When I say windows pop up, I mean the regular window for the inserted drive opens, but 10 times instead of once. I reformatted but it still does it after the format.

Windows 10 Dell XPS i7

lenberman, Jul 5, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I meant what windows are shown on your display when you plug in the USB drive?

Steve C, Jul 5, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    With the flash drive in, Press the Windows key+X, choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    Type Diskpart and press enter, at this prompt type
    List Disk, and press enter. This shows the drives on the computer by Number. now type
    Select Disk [disk #] and type the disk # of the flash drive listed in the previous command. The Flash drive has a star next to it showing it is selected. Now type
    Clean and press enter. This wipes the drive, so be sure to select the correct one.
    Close out of Command Prompt and press Windows key+X and choose Disk Management
    In the Disk Management window in the lower pane, right click the Unallocated Space of the Flash drive and choose to create a New Simple Volume, and format it.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thumb drive issue (problem) - Similar Threads - Thumb drive issue

2. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  3. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. 2T USB Thumb Drive write issues

in Windows 10 Support
    2T USB Thumb Drive write issues: I bought a 2T Thumb Drive from China (I know but US wasnt making them at the time) so anyway on my first initial write to the drive lots of info was passed to it. Time passed not sure how much, but on my second attempt to write to the drive I created a new folder on the drive...
  6. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  7. usb thumb drive ejection problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb thumb drive ejection problem.: Just two or three days ago I started having a problem when I try to eject a Sandisk 32GB usb thumb and get the nasty li'l "device is currently in use" window. I've been using this thumb for over a year now with no problems. I haven't made any changes to the computer or to...
  8. USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives: I'm having issues with a USB drive. I've tried several different thumb drives in every USB port on my desktop. When inserting the drive, Windows makes the noise recognizing it's been inserted. The drive does not show up in explorer. I went to Device Manager and it/they...
  9. Thumb Drives

Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  10. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165