Windows 10: Thumb Drive not working

Discus and support Thumb Drive not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeSam, Nov 19, 2020.

1. LukeSam Win User

Thumb Drive not working

I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the thumb drive?

:)

LukeSam, Nov 19, 2020

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Nov 19, 2020
  3. Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Thumb Drive not working

Help Me Pick a Thumb Drive

I have recently lost my favorite thumb drive. It was only 1gb, and about a 3 years old. I now need a new one with the following requirements:

• 4 - 8 gb
    • Will be carried on a keychain in pocket for 10 hours in a day (MUST BE STRONG)
    • Must be relatively fast
    • Under $90
    I trust you guys can help me with this. Also, I want to order it from Newegg preferably.

Edit: Also I am going to grab this tonight, as school without a thumb drive is painful.

PVTCaboose1337, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Thumb Drive not working

1. Thumb Drive not working - Similar Threads - Thumb Drive working

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  4. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  5. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Hard Drive Keeps Freezing, BUT, Thumb Drive Works

Hard Drive Keeps Freezing, BUT, Thumb Drive Works: I'll start with the current news of today... I took a video from my hard drive (C:) and dragged it onto an old thumb drive, and it worked! __________________ I would have posted this days ago, but I hate asking for help, but I've had the flu for almost 2 weeks, and my...
  7. Thumb Drives

Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  8. System image to thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image to thumb drive not working: So overall, I was having a issue with creating a system image. It would state that "The specified backup storage location has the shadow copy storage on another volume (0x80780038)" After reading several forums I found that if you delete the restore points you are able to...
  9. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165
  10. Recovery thumb drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery thumb drive doesn't work: I made a recovery thumb drive according to the directions, and it told me that it was finished. I opened it and it has all the recovery and boot files. But when I tested it, nothing happened. I tried removing it and restated, turned off my rig, and replaced the thumb drive....