Windows 10: Thumb Drives

Discus and support Thumb Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJerryG530, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Thumb Drives

How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

:)

JJerryG530, Aug 26, 2019

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Aug 26, 2019
  3. Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Thumb Drives

Help Me Pick a Thumb Drive

I have recently lost my favorite thumb drive. It was only 1gb, and about a 3 years old. I now need a new one with the following requirements:

• 4 - 8 gb
    • Will be carried on a keychain in pocket for 10 hours in a day (MUST BE STRONG)
    • Must be relatively fast
    • Under $90
    I trust you guys can help me with this. Also, I want to order it from Newegg preferably.

Edit: Also I am going to grab this tonight, as school without a thumb drive is painful.

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Thumb Drives

1. Thumb Drives - Similar Threads - Thumb Drives

2. My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...: My device is a BLANBOK+ Flash Drive that has both USB and iPhone Lightning connectors on it. Its great to use for both devices. I wanted to access a few items today and i plugged in my flash drive into my computer via the USB and i got a prompt that said something along the...
  3. My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...: My device is a BLANBOK+ Flash Drive that has both USB and iPhone Lightning connectors on it. Its great to use for both devices. I wanted to access a few items today and i plugged in my flash drive into my computer via the USB and i got a prompt that said something along the...
  4. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?: I am using Windows 10.What is the difference in these two?I already have the complete image of C drive and system and boot partitions.In case of system failure, unable to boot, can I use that system image from the USB HDD to repair the installation or to reinstall the...
  5. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?: I am using Windows 10.What is the difference in these two?I already have the complete image of C drive and system and boot partitions.In case of system failure, unable to boot, can I use that system image from the USB HDD to repair the installation or to reinstall the...
  6. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

7. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  8. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  9. Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?: Hi,I had made a recovery drive when I first set up my laptop and got everything I wanted running on a thumb drive with 64gb memory space. If I were to create a new recovery drive using the same thumb drive, would my old recovery files be deleted or would it be able to hold...
  10. Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?

Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?: Hi,I had made a recovery drive when I first set up my laptop and got everything I wanted running on a thumb drive with 64gb memory space. If I were to create a new recovery drive using the same thumb drive, would my old recovery files be deleted or would it be able to hold...