Windows 10: Thumb Drives

Discus and support Thumb Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJerryG530, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Thumb Drives

How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

:)

JJerryG530, Aug 26, 2019

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Aug 26, 2019
  3. Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Thumb Drives

Help Me Pick a Thumb Drive

I have recently lost my favorite thumb drive. It was only 1gb, and about a 3 years old. I now need a new one with the following requirements:

• 4 - 8 gb
    • Will be carried on a keychain in pocket for 10 hours in a day (MUST BE STRONG)
    • Must be relatively fast
    • Under $90
    I trust you guys can help me with this. Also, I want to order it from Newegg preferably.

Edit: Also I am going to grab this tonight, as school without a thumb drive is painful.

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Thumb Drives

1. Thumb Drives - Similar Threads - Thumb Drives

2. Windows 10 May 2021 Update - Thumb Drive Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2021 Update - Thumb Drive Failure: Good day everyone, I just tried to update my Windows 10 to the latest Windows 10 May 2021 release. I was prompted that I had inadequate disk space and I had to plug in an external drive with at least 10GB free space. I plugged in my SanDisk 32GB drive- it was not empty but it...
  3. Fast little USB thumb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fast little USB thumb drive.: Just got one of these. It arrived today. Macrium Reflect accepts it as a place to save a backup. My backups are about 16GB, so I tested it's speed at defaults and for 16GB sized files. Pretty fast. I had it in a USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A, port. 177574
  4. Upon plugging in external ssd / thumb drive, how to choose it as the main storage place...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upon plugging in external ssd / thumb drive, how to choose it as the main storage place...: Meaning how do we save all things to external ssd / thumb drive instead of the laptop itself? submitted by /u/oko-tot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/moip6d/upon_plugging_in_external_ssd_thumb_drive_how_to/
  5. Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives: Hi, I can't find any threads on the Internet about this problem. After 20h2 update my Win10 crashes to BSOD every time I try to write anything on my thumbdrive with this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8022aa2b340, 0xffff9a099be3e800,...
  6. Install windows 10 from a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 from a thumb drive: How do you install Windows 10 from a thumb drive onto a desk top that has vista? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-a-thumb-drive/aa17c0a9-43df-4a3c-ae67-b46fdec07e45
  7. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  8. Turn on Bitlocker not available on new thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on Bitlocker not available on new thumb drive: Got a couple of ADATA UV128 32GB USB 3.2 flash drives, Bitlocker is not an option with these drives and was wondering why. Have 2, both act the same. Lexar drive shown for comparison. Tx 171496
  9. thumb drive contents do not display correctly

thumb drive contents do not display correctly: I assume you are aware that if I want to have identical Outlook data on my office computer and my home computer, that I need to synch the data files from the last used computer to the other computer. So I use a thumb drive as my travel drive, and copy my Outlook files to...
  10. Thumb Drive not working

Thumb Drive not working: I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drive-not-working/3f7f37c7-f7d1-42ea-a644-4afbb523dc33