Windows 10: thumb drives

Discus and support thumb drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaytea, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kaytea Win User

thumb drives

Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive

:)

kaytea, Oct 20, 2015

2. thumb drive

I am unable to open photos on a thumb drive

how can I do that with windows 10?

JohnHenry4, Oct 20, 2015
  3. thumb drive

Hi JohnHenry4, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting.

Start - type in --> Photos ...............find at top and click on it.

In Photo App at the top find "Import" - click that.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

thumb drives

Hello Kaytea, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can open File Explorer, click on This PC, and the USB flash drive should be listed in This PC with a drive letter. Clicking on it will open it.

Brink, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

thumb drives

1. thumb drives - Similar Threads - thumb drives

2. My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...: My device is a BLANBOK+ Flash Drive that has both USB and iPhone Lightning connectors on it. Its great to use for both devices. I wanted to access a few items today and i plugged in my flash drive into my computer via the USB and i got a prompt that said something along the...
  3. My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB Thumb Drive isnt recognized by my computer, iPhone, or any other device after...: My device is a BLANBOK+ Flash Drive that has both USB and iPhone Lightning connectors on it. Its great to use for both devices. I wanted to access a few items today and i plugged in my flash drive into my computer via the USB and i got a prompt that said something along the...
  4. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?: I am using Windows 10.What is the difference in these two?I already have the complete image of C drive and system and boot partitions.In case of system failure, unable to boot, can I use that system image from the USB HDD to repair the installation or to reinstall the...
  5. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?: I am using Windows 10.What is the difference in these two?I already have the complete image of C drive and system and boot partitions.In case of system failure, unable to boot, can I use that system image from the USB HDD to repair the installation or to reinstall the...
  6. With system image on USB HDD, do I need a recovery drive on a thumb drive?

7. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  8. Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive

Create recovery drive process is not finding USB thumb drive: I'm attempting to create a recovery drive, following the instructions here. This process has worked fine until my most recent attempt earlier this week.If I leave the 'Back up system files to the recovery drive' box checked, the process does not detect my thumb drive, only my...
  9. Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?: Hi,I had made a recovery drive when I first set up my laptop and got everything I wanted running on a thumb drive with 64gb memory space. If I were to create a new recovery drive using the same thumb drive, would my old recovery files be deleted or would it be able to hold...
  10. Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?

Can a single thumb drive hold 2 recovery drive files?: Hi,I had made a recovery drive when I first set up my laptop and got everything I wanted running on a thumb drive with 64gb memory space. If I were to create a new recovery drive using the same thumb drive, would my old recovery files be deleted or would it be able to hold...