Windows 10: thumb drives

Discus and support thumb drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaytea, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kaytea Win User

thumb drives

Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive

:)

kaytea, Oct 20, 2015

2. thumb drive

I am unable to open photos on a thumb drive

how can I do that with windows 10?

JohnHenry4, Oct 20, 2015
  3. thumb drive

Hi JohnHenry4, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting.

Start - type in --> Photos ...............find at top and click on it.

In Photo App at the top find "Import" - click that.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

thumb drives

Hello Kaytea, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can open File Explorer, click on This PC, and the USB flash drive should be listed in This PC with a drive letter. Clicking on it will open it.

Brink, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

thumb drives

1. thumb drives - Similar Threads - thumb drives

2. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  3. Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender: I have Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive and it is blocked byWindows Defender. I enter the passcode, then the thumb drive create a different unencrypted drive but then a see a pop-up>>Please insert a disk into USB drive>> - the new drive isinaccessible. When...
  4. Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters: Greetings all, Can anyone tell me why I would be seeing duplicate drive letters for any USB drive i.e. thumb, ssd, etc., in the MS Explorer navigation pane. Also, when I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon on the taskbar to remove the USB drive, it's always...
  5. Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vinay_K_K [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2vu9i/did_microsoft_change_the_thumb_drive_icon_in/
  6. How to save exe files to thumb drives

How to save exe files to thumb drives: I need to reinstall windows 10 in my hp notebook laptop and want to save files to reinstall afterwards. I have tried that before but never had any luck. There was always something missing that prevented the programs from installing. What am I doing wrong? 145278
  7. Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive: Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive. The symptom would be after entering the passcode, the thumb drive created another unencrypted drive but it will always gave me a message "Please insert a disk into USB drive", that new drive is not...
  8. backup to usb thumb drives?

backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  9. How to get Windows update to sownload to thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Windows update to sownload to thumb drive?: Hello, How can I get Windows update to download to an external USB drive? Thank you> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-update-to-sownload-to-thumb/f3f228b1-61df-4c45-b540-65518a52282f
  10. Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD: Secure boot is enabled on my laptop. My Aomie boot CD will boot without turning secure boot off. However, if I burn the Aomie ISO to a USB thumb drive using Rufus, it will only work with SB turned off. Just wondering why the difference. Thanks for your help. 141875