Windows 10: Thumbnail display

Discus and support Thumbnail display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardSayers1, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Thumbnail display

I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem.

:)

RichardSayers1, Apr 19, 2019

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Coco T. Win User
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

Hello

First, I want to say thank you very much for your quick response Thumbnail display :)

I did steps that you mention above, but a problem is the same; Some pictures are still displayed as thumbnail and some still are icons.

Thanks in advance again.

Coco T., Apr 19, 2019
  4. Thumbnail display

Pictures do not display thumbnails but icons

Hi Laura,

As per the above added info, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Open the location where you images or saved.

2. Here click on the View Tab and then on the Option drop down.

3. Here click on the Change folder and search options.

4. Here under View tab, check the box Display file icon on thumbnails
    and uncheck Always show icons, not thumbnails.

5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnail display

1. Thumbnail display - Similar Threads - Thumbnail display

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. Icons are not displaying thumbnails in latest Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons are not displaying thumbnails in latest Windows 10 version: Thought I would post this if the issue is still apparent for others looking for a fix.The problem is not to do with a corrupt thumbnail cache but something else.All existing suggestions I could find revolved around checking settings in file explorer options and advanced...
  5. Icons are not displaying thumbnails in latest Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are not displaying thumbnails in latest Windows 10 version: Thought I would post this if the issue is still apparent for others looking for a fix.The problem is not to do with a corrupt thumbnail cache but something else.All existing suggestions I could find revolved around checking settings in file explorer options and advanced...
  6. Icons are not displaying thumbnails in latest Windows 10 version

7. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  8. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  9. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

10. How to disable thumbnails of all pictures in folder displaying over the opened picture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable thumbnails of all pictures in folder displaying over the opened picture?: I believe this is a recent update, as I have not had this issue before. I recently noticed a thumbnail of every picture I have in a folder displaying as a thumbnail OVER the picture I actually opened. It actually covers part of the bottom of the actual picture I need. How can...