Windows 10: Thumbnail displays for all PDFs

Discus and support Thumbnail displays for all PDFs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; From the screenshot, There are only 5 thumbnails of PDfs appeared. However, I have more than 5 pdfs opened but they just stay on different tabs. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkoTripper, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Thumbnail displays for all PDFs

From the screenshot, There are only 5 thumbnails of PDfs appeared. However, I have more than 5 pdfs opened but they just stay on different tabs. Is there any way that I can use my mouse to hover and it will display all the PDFs file that I have opened?I find it hard not to be able to locate the Pdf if it's on different tabs.I'm using Windows 11.Thank you for your help

:)

MarkoTripper, Nov 29, 2021
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

Thumbnail displays for all PDFs [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Nov 29, 2021
  3. scoob101 Win User
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

This all sounds jolly inconsistent to me - Foxit should be (and has been) able to consistently display thumbnails in explorer regardless of which reader is the default application. In fact, that's my default configuration, which I`ve used on 3 machines - I have foxit installed to provide a PDF printer and thumbnails - and I have Drawboard PDF as the default viewer.

I`ll have a play with Nitro at lunchtime and let you know the results.

scoob101, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Thumbnail displays for all PDFs

Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Hi Michelle, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

Preview and Thumbnails of PDF files can be disabled on your PC . . .

I suggest that you follow steps below to enable this feature

Start Adobe Reader

Tap on Edit in the menu bar and select Preferences

Under Categories highlight General

Put the checkmark next to the box Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

I also recommend the article - Enable thumbnail of PDFs in Windows Explorer to get further information

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-pd...

Martin Jenkinss, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnail displays for all PDFs

1. Thumbnail displays for all PDFs - Similar Threads - Thumbnail displays PDFs

2. Thumbnails not appearing at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not appearing at all.: I just purchased a new laptop & backed up all my photos from an old laptop to this one via thumb drive. They showed up fine at first & now don't show up at all. After the first day & restarting my computer, some showed up, some didn't. I thought I found some solutions here,...
  3. Thumbnail displays for all PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail displays for all PDFs: From the screenshot, There are only 5 thumbnails of PDfs appeared. However, I have more than 5 pdfs opened but they just stay on different tabs. Is there any way that I can use my mouse to hover and it will display all the PDFs file that I have opened?I find it hard not to be...
  4. Not all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. Why?: Windows 10, Version 2004, Acrobat Reader DC Almost all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails, but not all of them. On the first run all of them were still displayed. Then I shot the views with the CCleaner and now some PDFs are only shown as symbols. Does anyone know this? Im...
  5. Display File Thumbnails

Display File Thumbnails: Would someone tell me the simplest way to display thumbnails for video files on my computer, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-file-thumbnails/fd268c77-a087-43d3-b60b-e846d8253dd6"
  6. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  7. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  8. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  9. All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??

in Windows 10 Support
    All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??: Let me correct that subject line a bit. It happens in almost all Sub Folders. For example, This PC is an odd one. Sometimes it's in thumbnail view, other times it's in detail view. I suppose that depends on how you start This PC. This started about 3 weeks ago. I've been so...
  10. Thumbnails no longer displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails no longer displaying: I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows [img] 31121