Windows 10: Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

Discus and support Thumbnail file size goes on increasing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Subhadeep Kanungo, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing and becomes as huge as 300 to 500 MB. Is this something normal?

Thumbnail file size goes on increasing f1ce723b-f32d-4e0f-bcf6-a54f3c1f22d8?upload=true.jpg

Thanks in advance.

:)

Subhadeep Kanungo, Sep 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 8, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 8, 2019
  4. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

In Windows 10, how can I enlarge thumbnail size?

Even after selecting Extra large icons, the thumbnails are too small for me to discern the images. I completed the steps for:

1. Option 1: 'To Turn On Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer'.
    2. Changing Image Thumbnail Size per this Registry Hack Method.

But my thumbnails have not enlarged.

Greek - Area 51 Proposal, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

1. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing - Similar Threads - Thumbnail file size

2. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  3. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  4. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  5. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  6. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing: Today I was checking my storage using Treesize. I found out that my drive is using 60.8 GB of my storage. When I went to the storage settings it said that my drive is using 63.1 GB of my storage. Yesterday when I checked my storage on the storage settings it was 60 GB of my...
  8. Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer: Hi guys, Mac user here, currently running Windows 10 Pro via Boot Camp on my Mac Pro and a 5K display - LG 27MD5KLB-B 27" Ultrafine @ 5120 x 2880 resolution. I am having hard time finding a way to increase the thumbnail size in Explorer beyond the extra large dimensions,...
  9. Increasing Partition Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing Partition Size: I have a 1 Terabyte hard drive that contains 2 partitions. C: which has 906 GB free space and D: which has 7.65 GB free space. I want to extend D:. I shunk C: 200 GB and ended up with a third partition and found no way to extend d: into this free space. How do I extend...
  10. Increase partition size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...