Windows 10: Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

Discus and support Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CuongTranTobiez, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall window 10 many times, and the icons in the search bar appeared to appear at first, but after a few hours, the thumbnail icons turned to white. Many said it's google drive, but I don't want to reinstall window ten anymore. Any help that could potentially get the thumbnail icons app to show again? I hope the Microsoft team help

:)

CuongTranTobiez, Jan 27, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

Thank you very much for your reply.

Do you know what a context menu is?
    Have you noticed it grows when you install (3rd party) programs?
    Those are examples of shell extensions - extensions- things added- to your shell - implemented by file explorer.

Didn't you think to use Google? Look - here's how:

Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10 [​IMG]

- and note that mentions the program I mentioned.

- if you haven't installed any programs, you won't.

Good luck,

dalchina, Jan 27, 2022
  3. App icon not showing on window search menu

I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself.
    Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly. Another interesting note: I recently installed a new application, and the icons show up correctly.
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

"Always show icons, never thumbnails" option not available

Hello,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the settings to view the thumbnails on the
    File Explorer of your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or programs that prevent Windows from working properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the
    File Explorer settings and select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option. To do this, you may follow the step below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View
      tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings section, select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option.
    • Click the Apply > OK button to save the changes.
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

1. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Icon Apps

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  6. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  7. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  8. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  9. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"