Windows 10: Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

Discus and support Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ditendra, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Ditendra Win User

Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing that worked is if I create new user in Windows 10, but I really don't want to do it because it will take a lot of time for me to customize everything in new user and delete the existing one. I want to fix this problem in a current user. Please, if you know any solution to this fix, I'll gladly try.Device SpecificationsThumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search :pro

:)

Ditendra, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Icon thumbnail of Windows Store Apps not showing when searching the Start Menu

Thank you for the details. We suggest that you run a command to re-register the Windows Store apps by following the steps below:

1. Right click on Start menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the command prompt window, you can paste:
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Once done, try to search for the Windows Store apps and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

App icon not showing on window search menu

I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself.
    Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly. Another interesting note: I recently installed a new application, and the icons show up correctly.
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search [​IMG]

Mr.Shivam Mishra, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

1. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search - Similar Threads - Thumbnail icon apps

2. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search: My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59...
  3. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  4. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  5. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  6. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  8. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  9. App icon not showing on window search menu

App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  10. App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps: [ATTACH] Using Start Menu Search [ATTACH] Start Menu apps Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the startbar. Calculator, Camera, Spotify etc are all affected by this issue. However, the icons are showing up as per normal...