Windows 10: Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

Discus and support Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My issue is the same as described in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YashGandhi7200, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59

:)

YashGandhi7200, Sep 16, 2022

2. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option not available

Hello,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the settings to view the thumbnails on the
    File Explorer of your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or programs that prevent Windows from working properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the
    File Explorer settings and select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option. To do this, you may follow the step below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View
      tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings section, select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option.
    • Click the Apply > OK button to save the changes.
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Thanks for the feedback. In that case, let's look into the appearance and performance settings of your computer. Please follow the steps below:

• In the Cortana search bar, type in Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows, then click it in the search results to open the
      Performance Options window.
    • In the Virtual Effects tab, ensure that the Show thumbnails instead of icons option is checked.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If the folders still show the device icon, then please go back to the
    Performance Options
    window, tick Adjust for best appearance option, then click
    Apply > OK. Check if the folders are showing thumbnails. If it's still the same, then go back to the
    Performance Options window and tick Let Windows choose what's best for my computer.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

1. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search - Similar Threads - Thumbnail icons many

2. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search: My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59...
  3. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search: My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59...
  4. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

in Cortana
    Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.: Hi, I've been facing this issue since almost a year, Whenever I search an app in the search bar it doesn't show the thumbnail of the app. Its very annoying.Kindly help me....
  5. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.: Hi, I've been facing this issue since almost a year, Whenever I search an app in the search bar it doesn't show the thumbnail of the app. Its very annoying.Kindly help me....
  6. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  8. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  9. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...