Windows 10: Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work

Discus and support Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, This is what I see when I go into my Folder. I can not get it to show my the images. (see what I have tried below, with NO Success) [ATTACH]I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoanPasay, Mar 26, 2019.

1. JoanPasay Win User

Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work

OK, This is what I see when I go into my Folder. I can not get it to show my the images. (see what I have tried below, with NO Success)

Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No  IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work 582503eb-21cb-4354-b9c5-7e3da3e9d89d?upload=true.png I have tried the following fixes for this and it DOES NOT WORK.

(From another Microsoft Post)

Hi Mike,

We understand that you're having an issue with your thumbnail view in Windows. The issue might be due to corrupted database or something is messed up with your folder settings. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the methods below:

Method 1. Recreate the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup

1. On File Explorer, go to the left pane, click This PC.

2. Right-click the C: drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select Properties.

3. Click Disk Cleanup.

4. Check on Thumbnails option, and uncheck all the other options.

5. Click OK.

6. Click Delete Files to confirm.

Method 2.

1. On File Explorer, click View tab.

2. Click Options to open Folder Options.

3. Click on View tab.

4. Make sure to clear the check mark for the Always show icons, never thumbnails option.

5. Click Apply and click OK.

This is SOOOOOOO irritating and any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you,

I am running Office 365, Windows 10 on a Asus PC that is 3 months old.

:)

JoanPasay, Mar 26, 2019

2. Thumbnails won't show images

On Windows 10 my images aren't showing the image in the thumbnail. It's showing a pieces of blank paper. This randomly started happening today. I have checked the "Organize" setting and the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. I'm not sure
    what else to do. Any suggestions?

Brianne295, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Stepshed Win User
    Image thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Before you say it - I have tried clearing the cache and unchecking the folder options 'always show icons, never thumbnails' and 'always show menus' and this has changed nothing I STILL CANNOT SEE IMAGE THUMBNAILS, ONLY EMPTY SQUARES... this is very annoying
    and, as I work with photos, is a pretty negative issue for Windows 10.

What do I do? Any suggestions, please?

The only major image related thing I have done recently was to install the latest Adobe Photoshop CC...

Stepshed, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Kaytawinn Win User

Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work

Image Thumbnails Not Showing in Folders

I am having an issue with my documents on my computer. Only a few images will show in each folder when I go to view them. However, when I insert a USB with photos, the thumbnails are displayed properly. I did un-check the "Always show icons, never thumbnails",
    reset the folders, uninstalled One Drive but I am still having this same issue. I also tried the command prompts but I am at a loss.

Kaytawinn, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Image showing

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  6. Show thumbnails for images does not work on Windows 10

Show thumbnails for images does not work on Windows 10: My Windows 10 does not show thumbnails but icons for images. [IMG] I have tried unsuccessfully various tutorials on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-show-icons-never-thumbnails-option-not/31a04351-eaf7-4ed0-9b1f-d74682514f11...
  7. Show thumbnails only on images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show thumbnails only on images: Hey guys, I want to see thumbnails but only for images, not for files, nor excel sheets, nor nothing, only images, is that possible? Thanks in advanced! submitted by /u/Libersoul [link] [comments]...
  8. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  9. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  10. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does the thumbnail symbol look like on laptop

2. windows phone no images onsearch just jpeg symbol