Windows 10: Thumbnail Image

Discus and support Thumbnail Image in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPPD137, Jan 16, 2020.

1. MPPD137 Win User

Thumbnail Image

The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open.

:)

MPPD137, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Thumbnail Image

Image thumbnails not showing

Hi,

Your concern about the performance of your device when viewing photo thumbnails can be due to its configuration and/or corrupted system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on multiple image file extensions. Examples are JPEG, JFIF, BAT, GIF, and PNG.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

Based on the steps that you've already performed, we'd recommend performing the following to recreate the thumbnail cache:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, click This PC.
    • Right-click the C: drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select Properties.
    • Click the Disk Cleanup button.
    • Check the Thumbnails option, and uncheck all the other options.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Delete Files to confirm and to complete the task.

In the event that the steps did not suffice, we'd recommend going through the commands posted below to further isolate your concern:

• Open Start.
    • Search for Command Prompt.
    • Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    • Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter.:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db
    • Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter.

start explorer.exe
    • Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

Note: We understand that you've already performed two of the commands listed. We've detailed the known succession and format of commands that works on many occasions on other users.

Also, if you've only experienced this issue on images with JPEG/JPG/JPE file extensions, we'd recommend

downloading the registry items
    that we've prepared for you and merge them on your existing registry configuration. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Once download is complete, right-click on one of the registry items.

Thumbnail Image 72a00d61-b79f-4d3e-afac-bec50f0afed1?upload=true.png
    • Select Merge.

Thumbnail Image a47df25c-fb45-43b9-8b15-05973d7a2839?upload=true.png

Note: Changes in the registry may cause issues on your device when done incorrectly. To secure your device, we'd recommend backing it up by performing the steps posted on this

link
    . The article also includes steps on how you can restore them in case you need to.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnail Image

1. Thumbnail Image - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Image

2. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  3. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  4. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?: One of my hobbies is archiving thousands of pieces of artwork I find online. I love to organize and spend hours sorting images into different folders by theme and media. The way I have it set up is every file has a home in an "ALL" folder, and every subsequent folder for...
  6. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?: One of my hobbies is archiving thousands of pieces of artwork I find online. I love to organize and spend hours sorting images into different folders by theme and media. The way I have it set up is every file has a home in an "ALL" folder, and every subsequent folder for...
  7. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites: Windows 10 Home22H2This is my elderly parents computer and while my Dad is fairly computer savvy, he has a tendency to do things he shouldn't and can be forgetful, so it's difficult for me to know exact details regarding when these problems started. I should state that I'm no...
  9. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites: Windows 10 Home22H2This is my elderly parents computer and while my Dad is fairly computer savvy, he has a tendency to do things he shouldn't and can be forgetful, so it's difficult for me to know exact details regarding when these problems started. I should state that I'm no...
  10. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging