Windows 10: Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue

Discus and support Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello TenForum, I am having issues with thumbnail prevail. I checked the box "Enable Peek" in Performance Options, but Windows 10 does not display and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsport, May 22, 2020.

1. jsport Win User

Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue

Hello TenForum,

I am having issues with thumbnail prevail. I checked the box "Enable Peek" in Performance Options, but Windows 10 does not display and switch to the thumbnail that I hover over. I also unchecked "Save taskbar thumbnail preview," but to no success. Please advise.

:)

jsport, May 22, 2020
  2. Flaxz Win User

Taskbar thumbnails "live" preview not working Windows 10

That's not my issue. My issue is with the "live" portion of the thumbnail preview.

Flaxz, May 22, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, May 22, 2020
  4. Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue

Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail live preview

How do I get my full screen preview when I hover over a taskbar thumbnail. It was working yesterday and I know of no reason why it stopped. I have the live thumbnail, but want the full screen preview of the thumbnail without having to click on the thumbnail.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can help.

Thanks

DerekCherry, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue

1. Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Live Previews

2. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Thumbnail Preview Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail Preview Windows 10: I've tried all the recommendation posts here on how to get photo thumbnails to show in folders rather than a generic photo icon, but nothing works or the path recommendation does not exist on my pc. I get a generic photo icon. I want a thumbnail of the photo....
  6. Windows 10 thumbnail previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thumbnail previews: I have a strange issue, and I've seen a few posts sort of related to my issue, but nothing exactly like it. My issue is with the thumbnail previews for my .mp4 files, and my .mp3 files, but not my pictures. I correctly tag all my media whether it be video or music, and...
  7. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...
  8. Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 When you hover over the taskbar icon of an opened item (ex: Google Chrome), it will show you a thumbnail preview of its opened...
  9. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  10. Change Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Hover Delay Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Hover Delay Time in Windows 10: How to: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Hover Delay Time in Windows 10 How to Change Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Hover Delay Time in Windows 10 When you hover over the taskbar icon of an opened item (ex: Google Chrome), it will show you a thumbnail preview of...