Windows 10: Thumbnail loading issue

Discus and support Thumbnail loading issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HuntersPad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j54njl/thumbnail_loading_issue/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HuntersPad, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Thumbnail loading issue

/u/HuntersPad, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Thumbnails Issue

Hi,

I have a portable hard drive, which has numerous media files in numerous folders, and since a Windows 10 fall update about a week ago, it's taken to having to re-load all the thumbnails every time I pug-in and access the drive. It's extremely laborious waiting for it. Previously it only did that if I checked the thumbnails box when doing disk clean-up, which accordingly I only did occasionally.

Not sure if the update has changed a setting somewhere, or if it's a bug, or perhaps a corrupted cache file.

Has anyone else come across this? ... and any advice on what steps I might take to resolve the issue would be much appreciated.

ouroboros72, Oct 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Thumbnail loading issue

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnail loading issue

1. Thumbnail loading issue - Similar Threads - Thumbnail loading issue

2. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  3. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  4. Thumbnails not loading properly

Thumbnails not loading properly: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  5. Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading: Often, I get an issue where thumbnails stop generating for images/videos in Explorer, and as such many images/videos will not have a proper thumbnail.I was able to "solve" this by deleting the thumbnail cache in Disk Cleanup and then restarting my PC, but after enough time it...
  6. Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading

Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading: Often, I get an issue where thumbnails stop generating for images/videos in Explorer, and as such many images/videos will not have a proper thumbnail.I was able to "solve" this by deleting the thumbnail cache in Disk Cleanup and then restarting my PC, but after enough time it...
  7. Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Thumbnails won't load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails won't load: I've searched far and wide for solutions, but none work. So far I've reset my icon cache, reset my thumbnail cache, checked every box pertaining icons or thumbnails, and I've reset folders to default, NO CHANGE. I've also tried using icaros, but it instantly crashes when i...
  9. Folder Thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Thumbnails not loading: So my folder thumbnails dont load and i see this instead of some of the pictures that are in the folder i see this [ATTACH] i did disk cleanup for thumbnails restarted my pc and then i could see the thumbnails in This Pc > Pictures but the subfolders still dont load but...
  10. File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more: I'm having a bizarre problem on my Windows 10 PC. For some reason, lots of image thumbnails won't load (particularly PNG files and AVI files), which is extremely frustrating. Sometimes it shows the file type icon, sometimes a generic file icon, and something literally...