Windows 10: Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

Discus and support Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for your help in advance! Here are my problems. I unplugged my external monitor for a couple of hours and this happened: 1. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by writingwoman, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Here are my problems.

I unplugged my external monitor for a couple of hours and this happened:

1. I cannot adjust screen resolution back to 1600 x 900
    2. Whenever I type, hitting the backspace key till the area to erase just sits still until I hit it one space at a time.
    3. I am now seeing the thumbnail previews when my mouse moves over the program that is in the taskbar - I never saw this before.

Normally, I can fix things like this on my own, but, seeing that it is Windows 10, I'm still learning it.

And, is there a way to disable the thumbnail preview without changing the registry? I've been searching online and every site that I find tells me to do so.

Can someone help me please! It is interrupting my work because I cannot concentrate, plus, not being able to erase a sentence or even a couple of words is giving me a headache - literally.

Thanks so much!

:)

writingwoman, Oct 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 File Explorer video thumbnail display problem

I've just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and am now on build 10240.

In file explorer, I open a folder that contains pictures; I select one and the picture thumbnail appears in the preview pane. I select another picture and that thumbnail appears in the preview pane - that all works as expected. Now, I open a folder containing
    videos and select one (say video1). The thumbnail appears in the preview pane and is playable from there. Now I select another video (say video2) from the same folder but the thumbnail from video1 still remains in the preview pane. If I double click the thumbnail
    in the preview pane it now plays video2 ! Even if I switch to a different folder that contains other videos, the same thumbnail (video1) remains in the preview pane although the correct, selected video would play if the thumbnail was clicked.

I thought maybe my thumbnail Dbs might have become corrupted so I deleted all of them and let Windows rebuild them. Problem remained.

Any ideas ?

teadrinker[uk], Oct 11, 2015
  3. CraigLong Win User
    This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Locked out of folders!

I had those problems with video files and the thumbnail was just blank. I renamed the file with the extension .mp4 and the thumbnail appeared.

If it's a text file put .txt at the end of the file name, etc. I never had that problem with a folder though.

CraigLong, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

1. Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc. - Similar Threads - Thumbnail preview never

2. There's no print preview before printing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There's no print preview before printing.: I'm trying to print multiple images on the same page. I'm printing by right-clicking directly from the file explorer. After clicking "print" it instantly starts printing without even asking if I'm sure about it....
  3. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders: (Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows) My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail...
  4. New aero effect that never done before

in Windows 10 Customization
    New aero effect that never done before: Are you interested in further development of this thing? The next windows aero effect - YouTube 107137
  5. Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...: So my PC is behaving very strangely. It all started when I accidentally, permanently deleted some video clips I didn't mean to delete. I shut down the PC, removed the hard drive, and installed it into another, Windows 7 PC, as a secondary HDD. I used EaseUS data recovery...
  6. New BSOD I've Never Seen Before

New BSOD I've Never Seen Before: I multi-boot, main Win 7 and then 2 Win 10's on other drives. It had been at least 10 days since I last booted into them, no problems then, but I was surprised today when I tried. Got a smaller than usual BSOD (low res Safe Mode size) and all it said was as follows, even...
  7. BSOD with QR code--never seen before

BSOD with QR code--never seen before: NOTE: This is for my 2nd PC in my System Specs (Asus). I was playing a casual game, then suddenly got BSOD with QR code. Only thing unusual for this laptop is past few days, screen would get black vertical lines on a light blue screen with a buzz sound that is stuck...
  8. "Weird...Never seen this before"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Weird...Never seen this before": When transferring more than a few files from one folder or drive to another I would always see a progress bar showing the percentage of files transferred and a guestimate of what's left to go. That dialogue, progress bar and transfer information no longer appears in...
  9. Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues: Hi I've been struggling with these issues bout 20 days and this is whats going on. When I press the windows key on my keyboard (corsair k70 vengance rgb) nothing happens but I also notice that at the same time the thumbnails of the programs I have currently opened...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...