Windows 10: Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

Discus and support Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for your help in advance! Here are my problems. I unplugged my external monitor for a couple of hours and this happened: 1. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by writingwoman, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Here are my problems.

I unplugged my external monitor for a couple of hours and this happened:

1. I cannot adjust screen resolution back to 1600 x 900
    2. Whenever I type, hitting the backspace key till the area to erase just sits still until I hit it one space at a time.
    3. I am now seeing the thumbnail previews when my mouse moves over the program that is in the taskbar - I never saw this before.

Normally, I can fix things like this on my own, but, seeing that it is Windows 10, I'm still learning it.

And, is there a way to disable the thumbnail preview without changing the registry? I've been searching online and every site that I find tells me to do so.

Can someone help me please! It is interrupting my work because I cannot concentrate, plus, not being able to erase a sentence or even a couple of words is giving me a headache - literally.

Thanks so much!

:)

writingwoman, Oct 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 File Explorer video thumbnail display problem

I've just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and am now on build 10240.

In file explorer, I open a folder that contains pictures; I select one and the picture thumbnail appears in the preview pane. I select another picture and that thumbnail appears in the preview pane - that all works as expected. Now, I open a folder containing
    videos and select one (say video1). The thumbnail appears in the preview pane and is playable from there. Now I select another video (say video2) from the same folder but the thumbnail from video1 still remains in the preview pane. If I double click the thumbnail
    in the preview pane it now plays video2 ! Even if I switch to a different folder that contains other videos, the same thumbnail (video1) remains in the preview pane although the correct, selected video would play if the thumbnail was clicked.

I thought maybe my thumbnail Dbs might have become corrupted so I deleted all of them and let Windows rebuild them. Problem remained.

Any ideas ?

teadrinker[uk], Oct 11, 2015
  3. CraigLong Win User
    This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Locked out of folders!

I had those problems with video files and the thumbnail was just blank. I renamed the file with the extension .mp4 and the thumbnail appeared.

If it's a text file put .txt at the end of the file name, etc. I never had that problem with a folder though.

CraigLong, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc.

1. Thumbnail preview never appeared before, resolution, etc. - Similar Threads - Thumbnail preview never

2. This was never here before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This was never here before...: [ATTACH] Task Manager reading the GPU's temperature, I assume that my laptop has a thermal sensor (or not). submitted by /u/NoireAnimates [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvrhyk/this_was_never_here_before/
  3. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  4. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  5. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  7. Preview for Thumbnails is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview for Thumbnails is not working: I have tried every fix for restoring my photos preview ability. https://windowsreport.com/thumbnail-previews-not-showing/#:~:text=Press%20Windows%20Key%20%2B%20S%20and,and%20OK%20to%20save%20changes. None of this worked. Its very frustrating especially I use a lot of...
  8. Previews on images and etc dont appear.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Previews on images and etc dont appear.: I've had this issue before and I've fixed it, but that in was 2017, and now I know whats going on with it. the option to pick to show Icons always not thumbnails option is unchecked. but the issues not fixed, I'm starting to get pissed off at it. submitted by /u/Cermonto...
  9. This never happened before . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This never happened before . . .: I want to create a desktop icon, that when I click on it, would get me on the internet? What I need to know, is what the exact path, to put on the icon shortcut, that would connect me? Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  10. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders: (Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows) My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail...