Windows 10: Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

Discus and support Thumbnail support for custom folder icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by troll051128, May 25, 2021.

1. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible issue. Is there a way to fix it?

:)

troll051128, May 25, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User
    thomaseg1, May 25, 2021
  3. TopComp Win User
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

Hello!
    I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below).
    (My windows version is 20H2)

Thumbnail support for custom folder icon? [​IMG]

TopComp, May 25, 2021
  4. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

1. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon? - Similar Threads - Thumbnail support custom

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  5. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  6. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  7. Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files: How do I make my PC to have folders display as icons and files to display as thumbnails? -thank you 169049
  8. How to preserve thumbnail and icon customizations on external drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to preserve thumbnail and icon customizations on external drives: This issue relates only to EXTERNAL drives: Every time after I install Windows updates, all my thumbnail and icon customizations onexternal drives are cleared, which is kind of annoying, because I need to reset them manually one by one. Restoring the Explorer cache folder...
  9. Custom Folder Icons issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons issue: Hello, I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic. I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my movies. As long as it is PNG it's fine. When I convert it into *.ico with "Any to Icon" and export it to my desktop it is fine...
  10. Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders': Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders' ----- I first posted this as a reply to a tutorial but then I noticed it is better suited here ----- First of all, thanks for this guide and all other guides that eliminate the junk that's just useless and irritating. I don't need...