Windows 10: Thumbnail View

Discus and support Thumbnail View in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin J Leahy, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Thumbnail View

What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?

:)

Martin J Leahy, Jan 11, 2021

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Thumbnail View

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnail View

1. Thumbnail View - Similar Threads - Thumbnail View

2. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...
  3. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...
  4. Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.: The desktop thumbnails do not appear when I click on the task view button or perform a three-finger swipe up on the trackpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-desktop-thumbnail-not-showing/e16788fa-8ae2-49b4-b1ba-c7345123d4a8
  5. Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.

Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.: The desktop thumbnails do not appear when I click on the task view button or perform a three-finger swipe up on the trackpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-desktop-thumbnail-not-showing/e16788fa-8ae2-49b4-b1ba-c7345123d4a8
  6. The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...

The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...: I frequently draw in Windows 11 Paint. I zoom in to draw, using the thumbnail to see how it'll look when it's zoomed out. Before Paint's latest update, the preview window would show the section of the drawing I was zoomed in on at 100%. Here is one of my drawings zoomed...
  7. The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...: I frequently draw in Windows 11 Paint. I zoom in to draw, using the thumbnail to see how it'll look when it's zoomed out. Before Paint's latest update, the preview window would show the section of the drawing I was zoomed in on at 100%. Here is one of my drawings zoomed...
  8. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton: I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do got MS Power toys preview installed.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you...
  9. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton: I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do got MS Power toys preview installed.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you...
  10. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing