Windows 10: Thumbnail

Discus and support Thumbnail in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it any privacy problem with thumbnail pic ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail/4d14858f-8ef8-4929-9a9d-35956febe089" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tril645, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Thumbnail

Is it any privacy problem with thumbnail pic ?

:)

Tril645, Jun 15, 2019

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Thumbnail

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnail

1. Thumbnail - Similar Threads - Thumbnail

2. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....
  3. Some thumbnails are not showing. HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some thumbnails are not showing. HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I found all screenshots that I take on the 'Screenshots' folder and some thumbnails are missing on some screenshots. See the image: [ATTACH] I tried to fix this problem but unfortunately, the problem was still there....
  4. Icons and thumbnails blank + right click -> Properties doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and thumbnails blank + right click -> Properties doesn't work: Today I installed the latest updates: [img] and it seems that those updates messed up Windows Explorer. After I restarted my PC, all icons and thumbnails in Windows Explorer disappeared i.e. I've got blank icons within Windows Explorer and those "app icons" in the...
  5. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  6. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer

Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer: In some previous build (earlier builds of 1809 worked) I was able to see thumbnails for JPGs and PNGs at even the smallest icon sizes in File Explorer. Since I updated to the latest 1809, and then subsequently 1903, only perfectly square images show thumbnails. Non-square...
  7. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

Thumbnail file size goes on increasing: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing...
  8. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files: Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Let me begin by saying I've had this same problem plaguing me since Build 1703. You see, I'm an illustrator and when I have multiple versions of an image I've drawn (e.g. drawing1a, drawing1b) saved from my art...
  9. how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons: I can not get my "spotlight" pictures to show thumbnails instead of the blue icons that you see in MY PHOTOS app. I have cleared my thumbnail cache, unchecked the box that says " never show thumbnails only Icons, did a disc cleanup, and I still cannot see my pictures only an...
  10. Win 10 1903 build 18362.295 Slows Launching Of Some Programs And Thumbnail Loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1903 build 18362.295 Slows Launching Of Some Programs And Thumbnail Loading: Just upgraded to the May 2019 version (1903 build 18362.295) on a Win10 64bit Home two days ago and both loading of thumbnails in Explorer is slow, and some programs I launch take up to 5 minutes to launch. Not sure why things have suddenly slowed down. Everything was fine...