Windows 10: Thumbnail

Discus and support Thumbnail in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it any privacy problem with thumbnail pic ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail/4d14858f-8ef8-4929-9a9d-35956febe089" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tril645, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Thumbnail

Is it any privacy problem with thumbnail pic ?

:)

Tril645, Jun 15, 2019

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Thumbnail

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnail

1. Thumbnail - Similar Threads - Thumbnail

2. Recreate Thumbnail for a Single File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recreate Thumbnail for a Single File: Any way to recreate a Windows Explorer thumbnail for a single file? I have thousands upon thousands of images so deleting the thumbnail cache is not a solution for me. I just need to recreate a single thumbnail that for some reason didn't get created correctly. I'm open to...
  3. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  4. Your Phone Thumbnail files

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone Thumbnail files: I have a sad story whereby my Galaxy phone totally died and I did not have a backup of my pictures. fast forward a bit, I accidentally clicked on 'Your Phone' this morning which had been linked with my Galaxy and decided to press Photos, just in case.... To my great surprise...
  5. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  6. Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...

Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...: Hi, I have tried all of the resolutions I can find within the community pages but still i can only see icons and not thumbnails of my images. Here is a link to the community help page I've already tried:...
  7. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  8. Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login: Hello. About two months ago, I started experimenting with 3rd party themes and icons for Windows, and when I got bored and wanted default back, my file explorer icon would not reset for any reason. No matter how many times I rebuilt icon cache, no matter how many other themes...
  9. How to deactivate youtube thumbnail image from a specific channel?

How to deactivate youtube thumbnail image from a specific channel?: Does anyone know a way to deactivate the youtube thumbnail image from a specific channel? Wikihow tells how to do it with recomended videos, but I want to do that with all videos of only one channel. submitted by /u/jbiribi [link] [comments]...
  10. How to change folder thumbnails?

How to change folder thumbnails?: Hello Im working on creating an Audioobooks catalog for my brother. I Want each folder in my Archive to display single thumbnail with only cover page. I Can obtain this effect if there's exactly one file in the folder. If I have more files in the folder the cover page will...