Windows 10: Thumbnails and app icons

Discus and support Thumbnails and app icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,So what is happening is the pictures are not showing in the thumbnail. To all my photos, the icon is blank sheet of paper folded at top right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SushmitaAdhikari, May 12, 2021.

1. Thumbnails and app icons

Hi there,So what is happening is the pictures are not showing in the thumbnail. To all my photos, the icon is blank sheet of paper folded at top right corner. Even the icon for photos application is the same. However, the picture shows up at thumbnails once they are opened. But, it doesnt directly show the preview as soon as i have downloaded it. Furthermore, there are a few applications that do not show up their icons on taskbar when opened like messenger, netfilx, spotify, and even pc settings. I have pinned messenger to my taskbar, it does not show the icon, only blank space

:)

SushmitaAdhikari, May 12, 2021

2. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very frustrating so would appreciate any help.

AnniBanani, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 12, 2021
  4. Thumbnails and app icons

Icons and Thumbnails

Thank you for trying... did what you suggested and it showed updating when rebooting and still have icons mixed with thumbnails.

gilconsult, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails and app icons

1. Thumbnails and app icons - Similar Threads - Thumbnails app icons

2. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  3. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  4. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. icons or thumbnails?

icons or thumbnails?: My pc has started to show mostly icons instead of jpeg photos how can I reverse this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-or-thumbnails/c0f8aefb-25b0-4384-a70e-f9d95bb1a02b
  6. thumbnails covered by icons

thumbnails covered by icons: It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show thumbnails and returned immediately to the mountain icon. Please try again EDIT -- I went to the main pictures folder and did this...
  7. Icons and Thumbnails

Icons and Thumbnails: I am above average computer knowledgeable, but I have problem I can not seem to resolve. My system is 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.and I have performed many known fixes and can not resolve the problem. I want to only view thumbnails and not Icons but I keep getting part thumbnails...
  8. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  9. Icon/thumbnail views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon/thumbnail views: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...
  10. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.: I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very...