Windows 10: Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

Discus and support Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christopherreade1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open.

Some icons on the task bar are not displaying, for example Edge. Its there but no icon. Removing it and then reinstating to the task bar has the same effect.

:)

christopherreade1, Jan 5, 2019

2. Task Bar Icons

I have lost the ability to enable my task bar icon for Batter Charge Status. When I go Settings to display the list of icon options the Power icon is grayed out and unable to toggle on. Anyone else ever experience this?

MikeSuranno, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

1. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying - Similar Threads - Thumbnails task bar

2. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  3. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  5. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  8. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Task bar not displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task bar not displayed: Hello,Since my last windows update, my windows 10 task bar is not clear. How can I fix this?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-displayed/94fbd90a-916c-4465-8b68-5dd84a90abe3
  10. No Thumbnails on Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Thumbnails on Task Bar: The software in [ATTACH]questions is Adobe Acrobat DC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-thumbnails-on-task-bar/7f566396-66b3-41c5-a439-a69f4c19394c