Windows 10: Thumbnails aren't opening

Discus and support Thumbnails aren't opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. Not sure what happened but thumbnails inside Edge aren't opening up. If I am in a web forum lets say and someone posts a few thumbnails, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swaglife81, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Thumbnails aren't opening

Hey guys. Not sure what happened but thumbnails inside Edge aren't opening up. If I am in a web forum lets say and someone posts a few thumbnails, I can see the thumbnails. If I click that image to open up in full screen the images wont pop up. Its just an empty thumbnail screen that shows 1 of how many images and forward and backward arrows. Things like this I usually write up to a reboot and all is well. Not this time.

I am on Win 10 home 1607 OS is 14393.479

PS - Updates were installed last night but the problem occurred prior to the update

:)

Swaglife81, Dec 10, 2016

2. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10

No help at all. I already checked that before looking here. The interesting thing is that when a folder first opens up, the icons change momentarily to thumbnails, then change to blanks. So the thumbnails are available. they just aren't being displayed.
    It is very irritating!

jimyou1948, Dec 10, 2016
  3. saved photos

My photos aren't in my saved file after I use Nokia camera on my Windows phone? There are grey boxes with no thumbnail , can not open them.

DonaldKnoblauch, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Thumbnails aren't opening

To help determine if this is an Edge issue or something being caused by Windows or another program (AntiVirus) have you tried another browser to see if it exhibits the same behavior?

Caledon Ken, Dec 12, 2016
  5. Sorry for not explaining more. Yes I have tried another browser "Chrome" the issue is still on going. Here is a screenshot of what a thumbnail looks like when I click on it.

To explain the problem when I am in any web forum and click on a thumbnail someone posts; the screen image of that pic will not show up. Just a black screen with the left and right buttons, x button, and square for full size.

Swaglife81, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Any chance your system has AMD graphics? Did you recently install a new AMD graphic driver. One has popped up on my systems.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Thumbnails aren't opening

1. Thumbnails aren't opening - Similar Threads - Thumbnails aren't opening

2. Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating: I have recently reinstalled windows due to a hardware upgrade, and I've been having trouble updating my folder thumbnails. Typically, when I select an image for a folder thumbnail and press apply, the changes go into effect immediately. But now, the changes only go into...
  3. Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating: I have recently reinstalled windows due to a hardware upgrade, and I've been having trouble updating my folder thumbnails. Typically, when I select an image for a folder thumbnail and press apply, the changes go into effect immediately. But now, the changes only go into...
  4. .jar files opening and closing on open and all workarounds aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar files opening and closing on open and all workarounds aren't working: Recently i've been trying to install forge for minecraft and have tried every method i've been able to find. Upon clicking on the file a cmd prompt opens and closes immediately. I've tried reinstalling java, ive tried changing paths around, ive tried using winzip, nothing...
  5. Browsers Aren't Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers Aren't Opening: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, I recently noticed that new browsers I install Opera, Firefox, Brave are not opening. They open on the first start up and after being closed and re-opened they open briefly, but then close. I tried installing from Microsoft store, and it...
  6. Browsers Aren't Opening

Browsers Aren't Opening: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, I recently noticed that new browsers I install Opera, Firefox, Brave are not opening. They open on the first start up and after being closed and re-opened they open briefly, but then close. I tried installing from Microsoft store, and it...
  7. Google websites aren't opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google websites aren't opening: Hi guys, s I am connected to internet on my pc through my phone's wifi connection, ande Google websites other websites are opening, but Google and other Google websites like YouTube, Gmail etc aren't opening. Please guys I need your help. I tried with every browser and its...
  8. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  9. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?: [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-arent-my-video-thumbnails-showing-in-file/4bbdcc10-ece9-4000-984c-7fcb906d33ed"
  10. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?: [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-arent-my-video-thumbnails-showing-in-file/4bbdcc10-ece9-4000-984c-7fcb906d33ed