Windows 10: Thumbnails Broken

Discus and support Thumbnails Broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly, Windows 10 Pro won't display an icon with a photo of pictures. It just shows a blank photo icon. I didn't touch anything in Settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B. Parker, May 6, 2020.

1. B. Parker Win User

Thumbnails Broken

Suddenly, Windows 10 Pro won't display an icon with a photo of pictures. It just shows a blank photo icon.

I didn't touch anything in Settings and I've tried shutting down and rebooting, etc. -

I've tried switching Views, etc., no relief.

Thoughts?

:)

B. Parker, May 6, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 6, 2020
  3. aftab17 Win User
    broken thumbnails

hi

i am using nokia c5-00, i got broken thumbnails in gallery, i cant play or delete them, i have tried hard reset but nothing happend. plz help

aftab17, May 6, 2020
  4. Thumbnails Broken

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnails Broken

1. Thumbnails Broken - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Broken

2. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken: I have read many tech articles, I've cleared caches, changed settings, I have tried all the solutions I could find to no avail. Prior to this issue, I could view almost every single photo and video file's thumbnail in file explorer. Then one day I couldn't. Now I can only...
  3. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken: I have read many tech articles, I've cleared caches, changed settings, I have tried all the solutions I could find to no avail. Prior to this issue, I could view almost every single photo and video file's thumbnail in file explorer. Then one day I couldn't. Now I can only...
  4. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  6. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  7. PNG thumbnails and Windows Store app taskbar icons broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG thumbnails and Windows Store app taskbar icons broken: Hello,recently my computer has stopped showing thumbnails for PNG files and taskbar icons for any apps from the Windows store and Windows Apps.In the explorer, PNG files show a blank icon instead of a thumbnail.Apps like "Settings" show the same when searching for them and...
  8. PNG thumbnails and Windows Store app taskbar icons broken

PNG thumbnails and Windows Store app taskbar icons broken: Hello,recently my computer has stopped showing thumbnails for PNG files and taskbar icons for any apps from the Windows store and Windows Apps.In the explorer, PNG files show a blank icon instead of a thumbnail.Apps like "Settings" show the same when searching for them and...
  9. PNG thumbnails and Windows Store app taskbar icons broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken: Hey,I did everything written here and it still not working.On a different administrator account it does work without me having to change any settings.I'm using Windows 10 Home, it was working regularly until last night....