Windows 10: Thumbnails corrupt

Discus and support Thumbnails corrupt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When photo folder is opened with thumbnail view (any size) initially the thumbnails show ok but then slowly the Portrait thumbnails have 2 white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genstuff, May 9, 2016.

1. genstuff Win User

Thumbnails corrupt

When photo folder is opened with thumbnail view (any size) initially the thumbnails show ok but then slowly the Portrait thumbnails have 2 white diagonal stripes placed over them this keeps going until all the portrait sized thumbnails have the stripes.
    I have cleaned and reset the thumbnail cache several times it has no effect. The photos still opens ok....it's just a pain having the thumbnail constantly loading especially if there are several hundred in the folder.
    Any ideas anyone?

Thumbnails corrupt [​IMG]

Thumbnails corrupt [​IMG]

:)

genstuff, May 9, 2016
  2. K.Kwan Win User

How do I rebuild my WP Camera Roll index?

Recently having problems with Photos UI. Thumbnails for some of my Camera Roll media no longer appear. The thumbnails are not corrupted, they are just not there, as if the media didn't exist.

Initially I thought they might have been deleted, but was able connect my device to a PC and confirm that the media still resides in the Camera Roll folder.

Is there any way to rebuild the thumbnail catalog for Camera Roll ?

K.Kwan, May 9, 2016
  3. iscio1979 Win User
    N97 photo problem

in my case doen't work, I deleted the file in private but I have again all the corrupted thumbnails :-(

iscio1979, May 9, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Thumbnails corrupt

If you wish, you can try to increase the Icon Cache Size to a larger value. The default is 500, increase it to 2000
    500 is equivalent to 2048K
    2000 ===> 8192K

Open Registry editor and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    set: Max Cached Icons to 2000.

Delete thumbnail cache and reboot to see if it helps.

topgundcp, May 9, 2016
  5. genstuff Win User
    Thanks tipgundcp, I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer but where to from there to reset Cached Icons? Nearest I could find was :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Thumbnail Cache but it has no reference to Max Cache.
    Would you mind steering me to the spot you mean?
    Oops! I got it, sorry.

genstuff, May 9, 2016
  6. genstuff Win User
    Increasing size of cache and purging cache doesn't seem to have worked. Fault remains.

genstuff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Thumbnails corrupt

1. Thumbnails corrupt - Similar Threads - Thumbnails corrupt

2. My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails: I clean my PC with CC Cleaner and my windows explorer can't show any thumbnails. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-cant-show-thumbnails/caaf5663-7225-461b-b6aa-0939c2850acb
  3. My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails: I clean my PC with CC Cleaner and my windows explorer can't show any thumbnails. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-cant-show-thumbnails/caaf5663-7225-461b-b6aa-0939c2850acb
  4. Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  5. Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer

Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  6. Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  7. Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer

Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  8. Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11: Hello,My desktop computer has the latest update for Windows 11, but sometimes the thumbnail cache becomes corrupted. I have rebuilt the thumbnail cache several times, but the problem persists. It happens repeatedly. What could be the reason for this? Due to this issue, I have...
  9. Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11

Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11: Hello,My desktop computer has the latest update for Windows 11, but sometimes the thumbnail cache becomes corrupted. I have rebuilt the thumbnail cache several times, but the problem persists. It happens repeatedly. What could be the reason for this? Due to this issue, I have...
  10. Windows 10 New install Corrupted Thumbnails while viewing .ico files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 New install Corrupted Thumbnails while viewing .ico files: Well, new install with Windows 10. I noticed while viewing my .ico files the thumbnails are corrupted. I tried rebuilding the icon cache as well as purging the thumbnail cache. Not sure whats left to try. While using winaero tweaker I also noticed that when selecting icons...