Windows 10: thumbnails covered by icons

Discus and support thumbnails covered by icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeLawson1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. thumbnails covered by icons

It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show thumbnails and returned immediately to the mountain icon.

Please try again

EDIT -- I went to the main pictures folder and did this with partial results. Now the blue-mountain icons mostly cover .gif images but also some .jpg images. ALSO -- I paid extra for a larger storage on this laptop because I do not want to use the cloud, but it has apparently turned on automatically several times before I turned it off again. Could this affect it?

:)

JoeLawson1, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 4, 2020
  4. thumbnails covered by icons

Icons and Thumbnails

Thank you for trying... did what you suggested and it showed updating when rebooting and still have icons mixed with thumbnails.

gilconsult, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

thumbnails covered by icons

1. thumbnails covered by icons - Similar Threads - thumbnails covered icons

2. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  3. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  4. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with thumbnails/covers

Problem with thumbnails/covers: Hi! I had this weird problem on W10 Home Single Language, the thing Is, the thumbnail of the art cover on my music files shows when i plug in my android phone and copy the songs on the phone, I can see the thumbnails perfectly on the file explorer while browsing the phone on...
  6. icons or thumbnails?

icons or thumbnails?: My pc has started to show mostly icons instead of jpeg photos how can I reverse this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-or-thumbnails/c0f8aefb-25b0-4384-a70e-f9d95bb1a02b
  7. Paper covering my icons

Paper covering my icons: After disabled shortcut icons via regedit, all icons (not just shortcuts) are covered by [ATTACH]this. The shortcut icons were reenabled because of a system failure, and it didn't do this the last time I disabled them. Any help?...
  8. Icons and Thumbnails

Icons and Thumbnails: I am above average computer knowledgeable, but I have problem I can not seem to resolve. My system is 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.and I have performed many known fixes and can not resolve the problem. I want to only view thumbnails and not Icons but I keep getting part thumbnails...
  9. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  10. Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon: Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center. Is there any way to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show thumbnails of cr3 files windows 10