Windows 10: **** - thumbnails disappeared.

Discus and support **** - thumbnails disappeared. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a problem. I posted a question. Greg Carmack responded. I cannot get back to his response to respond to it, so I am posting again. . I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DorothyKaltz, Aug 28, 2020.

1. **** - thumbnails disappeared.

I had a problem. I posted a question. Greg Carmack responded. I cannot get back to his response to respond to it, so I am posting again. .

I followed his directions and lost my whole desk top. Now all I have is a solid white screen. He responded to me on an email I can only get on the computer that now doesn't work at all. I cannot respond to him, and now I am in a huge mess. My functioning email is wowway - not Outlook.

This is what I did. This one worked:

1. Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

2. This one my computer said the path could not be found, and my computer wouldn't take it. Now I have nothing but a solid white screen.

3. Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

Know what?

:)

DorothyKaltz, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Aug 28, 2020
  4. **** - thumbnails disappeared.

Thumbnails Disappear

Hi Darren,

Thank you for posting your concern here in the Community forum. One possible solution to this issue is to
    clear and reset the thumbnail cache of your PC. Kindly follow the steps below to do this:

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. On the Run dialog box, type cleanmgr.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. If you have more than one drive or partition on your PC, select the Windows C: drive or the drive letter you wanted to clean.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Uncheck all the files that have a check beside it, but make sure there's a check on Thumbnails.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Click Delete Files to confirm.

Once Disk Cleanup has finished, restart your device for changes to take effect.

Please reply to this thread in order for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

**** - thumbnails disappeared.

1. **** - thumbnails disappeared. - Similar Threads - **** thumbnails disappeared

2. Image thumbnails randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image thumbnails randomly disappearing: I'm currently running Windows 11 and I'm having a problem that I'm not able to permanently solve. When I go to folders that contain images some images show thumbnails and some do not. When I save images to my computer all images show thumbnails then I can go back to the same...
  3. Image thumbnails randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image thumbnails randomly disappearing: I'm currently running Windows 11 and I'm having a problem that I'm not able to permanently solve. When I go to folders that contain images some images show thumbnails and some do not. When I save images to my computer all images show thumbnails then I can go back to the same...
  4. Thumbnails disappearing all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails disappearing all the time: It has been 2 days, and I followed every simple "reset thumbnail cache" guide there is. That's not the issue, the issue is that it happens constantly, it happens in less than an hour, and it doesn't stop no matter what I do. Does anyone know what can be done? submitted by...
  5. Thumbnails repeatedly disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails repeatedly disappearing: A few days ago I was in the middle of organizing some photos saved on my device from one large folder to categorised sub-folders, and suddenly all the thumbnails disappeared and the images wouldn't show up in the preview pane. Perhaps twice in the past 6 months I had an issue...
  6. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  7. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  8. ALL Thumbnails disappear in Windows Explorer?

ALL Thumbnails disappear in Windows Explorer?: I've searched all across the internet for this and all I see is photo thumbnails disappearing, but this case is different. Almost ALL of the thumbnails have disappeared including program icons, videos, images, music, zip files, etc. except for folders and turned into "file"...
  9. Icon thumbnails disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon thumbnails disappearing: Very often all my thumbnails will disappear. Desktop, toolbar, file thumbnails etc all disappear and will not reload until I restart my system. This happens way to often and computer seems sluggish when it does. What can I do?? I figure it's a memory problem but I'm not...
  10. Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??: My frequent website thumbnails on my Google Home page have all disappeared. I had about a dozen of them and this morning when I logged on to my PC and opened Google I noticed I just has a blank Google page with the usual Search Bar and that's all. The Internet works fine...