Windows 10: Thumbnails disappearing all the time

Discus and support Thumbnails disappearing all the time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It has been 2 days, and I followed every simple "reset thumbnail cache" guide there is. That's not the issue, the issue is that it happens constantly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/divayth_fyr_, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Thumbnails disappearing all the time

It has been 2 days, and I followed every simple "reset thumbnail cache" guide there is. That's not the issue, the issue is that it happens constantly, it happens in less than an hour, and it doesn't stop no matter what I do. Does anyone know what can be done?

submitted by /u/divayth_fyr_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/divayth_fyr_, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Thumbnails disappearing all the time

Thumbnails Disappear

Hi Darren,

Thank you for posting your concern here in the Community forum. One possible solution to this issue is to
    clear and reset the thumbnail cache of your PC. Kindly follow the steps below to do this:

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. On the Run dialog box, type cleanmgr.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. If you have more than one drive or partition on your PC, select the Windows C: drive or the drive letter you wanted to clean.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Uncheck all the files that have a check beside it, but make sure there's a check on Thumbnails.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Click Delete Files to confirm.

Once Disk Cleanup has finished, restart your device for changes to take effect.

Please reply to this thread in order for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails disappearing all the time

1. Thumbnails disappearing all the time - Similar Threads - Thumbnails disappearing

2. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  3. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  4. Windows 10 explorer is buggy, thumbnails disappear and show generic page icons, copy paste...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 explorer is buggy, thumbnails disappear and show generic page icons, copy paste...: I have tried the following:Clear thumbnail cacheClicked show thumbnails not iconsetc etc all the usual ones for icons, but the problem is deeper. Copy paste from one folder to another on the same and only C:\ stays at 0%Need assistance....
  5. Windows 10 explorer is buggy, thumbnails disappear and show generic page icons, copy paste...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 explorer is buggy, thumbnails disappear and show generic page icons, copy paste...: I have tried the following:Clear thumbnail cacheClicked show thumbnails not iconsetc etc all the usual ones for icons, but the problem is deeper. Copy paste from one folder to another on the same and only C:\ stays at 0%Need assistance....
  6. Windows 10 explorer is buggy, thumbnails disappear and show generic page icons, copy paste...

7. Windows 10 update KB5016616 - Update caused thumbnail preview to disappear and image icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 - Update caused thumbnail preview to disappear and image icons...: Hi there,Just after the Windows 10 update KB5016616, thumbnail preview in folders disappeared for image files such as jpg and gif and the image icons no longer show in folders. All I can see is that there is a rectangular shape with the file name but the image preview does...
  8. Windows 10 update KB5016616 - Update caused thumbnail preview to disappear and image icons...

Windows 10 update KB5016616 - Update caused thumbnail preview to disappear and image icons...: Hi there,Just after the Windows 10 update KB5016616, thumbnail preview in folders disappeared for image files such as jpg and gif and the image icons no longer show in folders. All I can see is that there is a rectangular shape with the file name but the image preview does...
  9. Windows 10 update KB5016616 - Update caused thumbnail preview to disappear and image icons...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Image thumbnails randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image thumbnails randomly disappearing: I'm currently running Windows 11 and I'm having a problem that I'm not able to permanently solve. When I go to folders that contain images some images show thumbnails and some do not. When I save images to my computer all images show thumbnails then I can go back to the same...