Windows 10: Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder

Discus and support Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not sure how I managed to do something like this, but thumbnails for .png files do not display in the downloads folder. This only applies to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lost.Fox, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Lost.Fox Win User

Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder

I am not sure how I managed to do something like this, but thumbnails for .png files do not display in the downloads folder. This only applies to the downloads folder, and on my user account. I tested creating a new 'local user' and opened up the exact folder and it loaded the png thumbnails just fine. Screenshot showing png files not loading thumbnails, but other formats do

:)

Lost.Fox, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Paultx Win User
    Windows Explorer thumbnail preview file types

Yes, that's correct. But of course Windows must support the thumbnail preview for programs that generate thumbnails.

For example, I see in your second screenshot that PDF files icons are displayed as the default PDF file type icon. But Windows supports PDF files thumbnails, and you have to set it so that Windows can display them. An easy way to do it is by the following setting in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:

Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder [​IMG]

Back to my initial point, I want a list of Windows 10 officially supported file types thumbnails, so I can seek solutions for those Windows does not support.

Paultx, Jun 23, 2022
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

thomaseg1, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder - Similar Threads - Thumbnails File Type

2. Shared files and folders only works one way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared files and folders only works one way: I used to be able to access shared folders and files between two computers connected to the same network. This gave me the ability to perform Macrium Reflect backups to external storage on my laptop, from my Windows tablet. Now, when I try to access remote storage from the...
  3. Shared files and folders only works one way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared files and folders only works one way: I used to be able to access shared folders and files between two computers connected to the same network. This gave me the ability to perform Macrium Reflect backups to external storage on my laptop, from my Windows tablet. Now, when I try to access remote storage from the...
  4. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  5. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  6. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

7. Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder: I am not sure how I managed to do something like this, but thumbnails for .png files do not display in the downloads folder. This only applies to the downloads folder, and on my user account. I tested creating a new 'local user' and opened up the exact folder and it loaded...
  8. Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder

Thumbnails Do Not Work For One File Type In One Folder: I am not sure how I managed to do something like this, but thumbnails for .png files do not display in the downloads folder. This only applies to the downloads folder, and on my user account. I tested creating a new 'local user' and opened up the exact folder and it loaded...
  9. Find all files of one type if another type is not present

Find all files of one type if another type is not present: I have a really advanced file search that on the surface is simple, but I don't know what tools can accomplish this search. A decade ago I downloaded the Baen Free Library CDs that have e-books in multiple formats. I just found out by accident that my Kindle Keyboard can...
  10. Sharing files and folders not working on one computer

Sharing files and folders not working on one computer: I have two desktops, one 32 bit connected by wifi and a 64 bit Windows 10 pro by ethernet. I can connect to shared folders from the 64 bit computer to 32 bit but not the other way round. The error I receive on the 32 bit computer is network path not found when I click on...