Windows 10: Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

Discus and support Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tcavanas, Jul 22, 2021.

1. tcavanas Win User

Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails show, but when I close the folder and reopen they become blank 'envelopes'. Is there a simple solution I can perform myself?

:)

tcavanas, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jul 22, 2021
  4. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files - Similar Threads - Thumbnails don't show

2. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  3. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  4. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  5. pictures do not show as thumbnails

pictures do not show as thumbnails: Sometime around April 10th, my pictures stopped showing up as thumbnails. There is just a generic icon and when I select large icon, etc. I cannot get them to show up as thumbnails....
  6. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  7. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  8. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  9. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures: Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not. I Googled for a solution, but nothing worked. I checked my settings, everything was set to view Thumbnails, I tried resetting...
  10. MOV Thumbnails don't show

MOV Thumbnails don't show: I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod in an earlier version of this question from another user. Neither of these things helped. Is there any other advice on how to...