Windows 10: Thumbnails Error

Discus and support Thumbnails Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc is showing only icons for videos and audio I have..But for the picture it shows thumbnails correctly.....I have tried almost all tutorials in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShishirRehan, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Thumbnails Error

My pc is showing only icons for videos and audio I have..But for the picture it shows thumbnails correctly.....I have tried almost all tutorials in my knowledge and from youtube and also I have followed some suggestion from this community as well but i'm failed to fix this....All the tutorials are not working for my pc......Just a few days ago my pc was all ok......PLEASE suggest me something for that I can must fix the problem......

:)

ShishirRehan, Dec 8, 2018

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Thumbnails Error

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Thumbnails Error

1. Thumbnails Error - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Error

2. Apple thumbnails accidentally on my cloud. How to change the path?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple thumbnails accidentally on my cloud. How to change the path?: Major apple music thumbnail stored in my Microsoft when I play apple music. I am a subscriber to both and something went wrong in the original default path. HELP please...
  3. Apple thumbnails accidentally on my cloud. How to change the path?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple thumbnails accidentally on my cloud. How to change the path?: Major apple music thumbnail stored in my Microsoft when I play apple music. I am a subscriber to both and something went wrong in the original default path. HELP please...
  4. How to fix color banding/artifacts on video thumbnails in Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix color banding/artifacts on video thumbnails in Windows File Explorer?: When I look at my video files in the standard Windows File Explorer Application Windows 11, the thumbnails of the video's are showing strange color banding artifacts. The thumbnails show a frame of the videoclip, but then with 4 or 5 different bars of very bright colors...
  5. How to fix color banding/artifacts on video thumbnails in Windows File Explorer?

How to fix color banding/artifacts on video thumbnails in Windows File Explorer?: When I look at my video files in the standard Windows File Explorer Application Windows 11, the thumbnails of the video's are showing strange color banding artifacts. The thumbnails show a frame of the videoclip, but then with 4 or 5 different bars of very bright colors...
  6. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  7. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  8. how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails": Dear My computer also encountered an error :" Always show icons, never thumbnails", just like yours. Please send me how to fix the detailsThank you so much....
  9. NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and purchased Office 365 Home. It has been a VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. 1st I downloaded all my files from an external hard drive. All my pictures and documents have the (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC) on the file extension. I...
  10. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tumbnail error