Windows 10: Thumbnails for M4a files?

Discus and support Thumbnails for M4a files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys Should windows 10 (by default) be displaying thumbnails within explorer for m4a files? I'm browsing my iTunes media folder and I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Thumbnails for M4a files?

Hi guys

Should windows 10 (by default) be displaying thumbnails within explorer for m4a files? I'm browsing my iTunes media folder and I can see thumbnails only for .mp4, .mp3, .m4p but not for m4a. If I play an m4a file within media player or iTunes I can see the album art. It's just not on the file when viewing it from explorer. The settings are correct. I have no additional codecs installed (or Quicktime though that's prob not relevant). Can it only display them with a codec pack downloaded? Seems strange that it does display thumbnails for the m4p protected files though.

The caveat is that if look at an album folder that contains m4a files then I can see the album art preview on the folder, but double clicking into the folder where the specific songs reside just shows the default windows music icon. Whilst m4p, I don't see album preview on the folder, but clicking into the folder shows the individual songs with their album art thumbnail.

If that all makes sense! Hard to explain really

Cheers
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 4, 2015

2. Podcasts that are m4a won't play on Windows Phone 7

I'm now using a free m4a to m4a converter (Hanso converter). So the original m4a file is overwritten before it's syncs to my device with a standard m4a file. This way, my podcast overwiew stays the same and it is playable on my device. Coverting to mp3 would
    mess up my podcast overview in my zune application so this is the best workaround for me.

Regards.

Didier van Eetvelt, Nov 4, 2015
  3. shayesta Win User
    Converting to eAAC+ with Album Art Embedded

A little update. Send these 3 audio files to you Nokia device that supports AAC+ and eAAC+. In the .RAR archive there is 3 same audio files:

Track_01.M4A

- Encoded by Easy CD-DA Extractor v12

eAAC+ (48Kbit/s, Parametric Stereo, 44100Hz, M4A)

Track_02.M4A

- Encoded by Nokia Music Manager v2.0

eAAC+ (48Kbit/s, Parametric Stereo, 44100Hz, M4A)

***NOTE***

You will notice the Track_01.M4A sounds much better and its the same audio quality as 128Kbit/s - 192Kbit/s in MP3 format.

--------------------------------------------------------

Track_03.M4A

- Encoded by Easy CD-DA Extractor v12

eAAC+ (48Kbit/s, Stereo, 44100Hz, M4A)

Compare it with Track_01.M4A which one do you think sounds better and has better audio quality?

--------------------------------------------------------

Here is the RAR Archive which contains these files:

Web Server's Default Page

shayesta, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Thumbnails for M4a files?

For benefit of others. I downloaded trial version of DbPowerAmp which seemed to restore the thumbnails. Clearing the thumbnail cache did not work.

Scottyboy99, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

Thumbnails for M4a files?

1. Thumbnails for M4a files? - Similar Threads - Thumbnails M4a files

2. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  3. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  4. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Playback of m4a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playback of m4a file: When I click on the file in file manager, Groove music opens. But file does not play. it allows me to advance the time slider, but playback does not occur. No change in elapsed time occurs....
  6. M4A Player Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    M4A Player Help: I am looking for a Windows 10 M4A player that will allow me to listen to an audio file and jump back 10 or 15 seconds. I have to transcribe the audio and am looking for a solution that is better than trying to rewind using just the playback bar. submitted by /u/danaCreative...
  7. Somehow audio with MP3 format wont show thumbnail while M4A format will show thumbnail, how...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Somehow audio with MP3 format wont show thumbnail while M4A format will show thumbnail, how...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IamYourLoyalSexSlave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iby4he/somehow_audio_with_mp3_format_wont_show_thumbnail/
  8. File extensions in thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    File extensions in thumbnails: How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions-in-thumbnails/60c16d23-78a2-4f20-8d0b-919f35e4679e
  9. Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone: I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them. I really need to play them on Winamp, because I have hours of material to get through and I'm gonna need to skip back and forth a lot and that...
  10. Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files: How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved? 90883