Windows 10: Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly

Discus and support Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very inconvenient problem with my system that I would like fixed: PROBLEM: My OneDrive folder which is located in myD: drive does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by QuickSilver04, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly

Hello,

I have a very inconvenient problem with my system that I would like fixed:

PROBLEM: My OneDrive folder which is located in myD: drive does not display thumbnails for any videos. Thumbnails for photos, documents, etc. display just fine, its only the video files that don't. The video files are mostly .mp4 and my default video player isMovies & TV.

This whole thing started when I imported media files from a standard SD Card onto my laptop, where they uploaded to OneDrive. When I downloaded the media files onto my desktop,none of the video files had thumbnails. Later, I tried importing the files directly to my desktop from the SD Card...while most of the thumbnails loaded...some did not. I tried many online 'solutions' but that only made the problem worse; now none of my video files within my OneDrive Folder display thumbnails.

note: every single thumbnail displays perfectly when viewed from the SD Card orC: drive.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FAILED 'SOLUTIONS':I have tried many 'solutions' but nothing seems to work. The main 'solutions' I have attempted are;

- Unchecking the always show icons, never thumbnails function inFile Explorer; View ribbon>Options>View.

- Checking the show thumbnails instead of icons function in Control Panel; System and Security>System>Advanced System Settings>Performance>Settings>Visual Effects.

- Deleting and Resetting my Thumbnail Cache using Command Prompt, PowerShell, Disk Cleanup, and even deleting the .db files from the source C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.

- Pausing OneDrive syncing by closing the app then moving the video files to my C: drive where the thumbnails came right up, and then moving them back to myOneDrive Folder under my D: drive where the thumbnails only lasted a few minutes and then disappeared again.

- Uninstalling, then reinstalling OneDrive altogether.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this an unsolved problem? Apparently a lot of other people are dealing with the same thing. Where's the problem?

I have looked online over and over and have scoured the Microsoft Community pages but no one has the answer!!! Would really appreciate a fix!

Thanks,

QuickSilver04

:)

QuickSilver04, Jun 2, 2020

2. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

(Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows)

My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail previews of images in my picture folders. Rather
    than seeing a thumbnail of the picture, all I see are icons. In a folder that may contain 100 picture files, there may be 5 or 10 thumbnails... The rest show a standard icon. I have tried every trouble shooting method shared on the net and from Microsoft.
    I just spent several hours working with the Windows 10 support team first with a junior tech and then with a senior tech and we isolated the problem to an issue with OneDrive where thumbnails do not seem to synch properly.

Example...

1. If I copy all the pictures from one of my OneDrive folders to a folder on my desktop all the thumbnails appear without an issue.
    2. If I create a new folder in OneDrive and copy the same pictures to that new folder the thumbnails appear at first... If I close the folder and reopen it, the thumbnails disappear.
    3. In working with the senior Windows tech we copied all my picture files from my OneDrive folder to a new folder on my desktop. Again all thumbnails worked correctly. After verifying that we had copied all files we deleted the pictures in OneDrive so the
      folder was empty. We then copied the pictures that were now in a folder on my desktop to OneDrive. Similar to #2 above, at first it appeared as everything worked correctly but when I closed the OneDrive folder and opened it again, the thumbnails disappeared.

Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly dd082cee-1493-4bf6-9d39-96474903a43d?upload=true.jpg

Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly 937ed93e-737b-4009-a399-05f257cd0d8a?upload=true.jpg

VSquaredX5, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Zebu_972 Win User

Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly

Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...

That may fix the problem if you are using the OneDrive app, BUT I have uninstalled that app and all I have is that stupid folder that won't show the thumbnails. Even the sub. Documents and the Videos folders under the OneDrive Folder show the thumbnails
    properly. I don't have access to the settings for OneDrive because it is not on my machine (only the folder called OneDrive). The problem is specifically with the Pictures subfolder. And the show icons is unchecked. I have tried many other suggestions. I can
    tell you that if you open a JPG. in the picture viewer and rotate it 360 degrees, that pics thumbnail will then be visible and you don't even have to save it, just exit the viewer. You can open any pic in the OneDrive/Pictures folder with any app and make
    any slight modification (even change 1 pixel) and save it with the original name it will start displaying properly.

Zebu_972, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly

1. Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly - Similar Threads - Thumbnails OneDrive folder

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. Why will my OneDrive Folder Thumbnail Preview Not Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my OneDrive Folder Thumbnail Preview Not Update?: My OneDrive folder preview thumbnails are showing an older version of the document and I cannot get them to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-will-my-onedrive-folder-thumbnail-preview-not/0b117712-019a-4e99-97cc-3fc4d1200821
  5. Why will my OneDrive Folder Thumbnail Preview Not Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will my OneDrive Folder Thumbnail Preview Not Update?: My OneDrive folder preview thumbnails are showing an older version of the document and I cannot get them to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-will-my-onedrive-folder-thumbnail-preview-not/0b117712-019a-4e99-97cc-3fc4d1200821
  6. OneDrive App does not display text and thumbnails correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive App does not display text and thumbnails correctly: Would like to try using OneDrive app from MS store on Windows 10 Pro, Build 19042.985, on Lenovo C940. Already using the heck out of OneDrive, but not using the app.Settings -> System -> Display scaling is set to 300%, which makes everything but the OneDrive app display...
  7. can't display thumbnails of folders

can't display thumbnails of folders: can't display thumbnails of folders Can display before. now can't [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-display-thumbnails-of-folders/77eb1c25-7af4-474b-a4ea-9cd60702d7e7
  8. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  9. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders: (Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows) My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail...
  10. Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct: Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files are not working. The folder option of show icon never thumbnail is not checked, and in system performance show thumbnail...