Windows 10: Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

Discus and support Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Skybird-, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/-Skybird-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Skybird-, Jan 27, 2021
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

There is an option in File Explorer that allows icons to change in thumbnail view in Windows 10. To enable thumbnail view, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab of File Explorer.
    • Click Options.
    • In the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Display file icon on thumbnails checkbox were enabled.
    Let us know if you can now view Adobe program icons.

Johann Eva, Jan 27, 2021
  4. d0gknees Win User

Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

1. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Explorer are

2. PNG thumbnails are displayed cropped as a square on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are displayed cropped as a square on Windows Explorer: Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg or other types of files.This is very annoying: I work with image all the time and when I need to find or replace any *.png file it gets tricky because Windows Explorer is not...
  3. PNG thumbnails are displayed cropped as a square on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG thumbnails are displayed cropped as a square on Windows Explorer: Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg or other types of files.This is very annoying: I work with image all the time and when I need to find or replace any *.png file it gets tricky because Windows Explorer is not...
  4. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  5. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  6. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  7. Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails: Since I installed the May 2020 upgrade on Saturday night, Windows Explorer has gone to about 65% CPU usage when I add files to a admittedly large ~ 85k files directory on an external USB3 drive. Most of these files are images jpg with a few mp4s included. Sometimes I can...
  8. Not all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. Why?

Not all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. Why?: Windows 10, Version 2004, Acrobat Reader DC Almost all PDFs are displayed as thumbnails, but not all of them. On the first run all of them were still displayed. Then I shot the views with the CCleaner and now some PDFs are only shown as symbols. Does anyone know this? Im...
  9. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  10. Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs: Hey Guys, this is an odd one. I have a new Win10 machine which completely refuses to display thumbnails for PDF file types. I have checked the view settings in explorer, and also the visual effects settings and it looks correct. I have tried using Adobe Reader DC...