Windows 10: Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

Discus and support Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to find out how I can only change the regular icon to show thumbnails only in a specific folder with images that I'm working with, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pedrao157, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

Hello I'm trying to find out how I can only change the regular icon to show thumbnails only in a specific folder with images that I'm working with, but when I change it, it changes to all the other folders, even Desktop ones.

Does anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks !

submitted by /u/pedrao157
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pedrao157, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Thanks for the feedback. In that case, let's look into the appearance and performance settings of your computer. Please follow the steps below:

• In the Cortana search bar, type in Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows, then click it in the search results to open the
      Performance Options window.
    • In the Virtual Effects tab, ensure that the Show thumbnails instead of icons option is checked.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If the folders still show the device icon, then please go back to the
    Performance Options
    window, tick Adjust for best appearance option, then click
    Apply > OK. Check if the folders are showing thumbnails. If it's still the same, then go back to the
    Performance Options window and tick Let Windows choose what's best for my computer.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hello,

I recently copied some of my data onto two external hard drives. Windows isn't showing thumbnails for folders on one of the drives correctly. Instead of showing me the correct thumbnails, I get a thumbnail for the device icon for one of my hard drives:

Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder 7ea726c1-c0b0-4aab-afba-1db09fb4e544.png

These folders do not contain the image shown and are actually empty. All folders on the hard drive do this and it doesn't make a difference what type of files are inside the folder. My internal hard drive does not do this. My other external hard drive was
    doing this but then stopped. This doesn't happen if I plug the hard drive into any of my other PC's.

I have tried the following with no success:

• Running Disk Cleanup to remove thumbnails
    • Manually rebuilding the icon cache
    • Deleting all the data from the drive and copying it again
    • Performing an in-place upgrade
    How can I make these thumbnails show correctly again?

Thank you,

me15prg9926, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

1. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder - Similar Threads - Thumbnails instead Icon

2. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  3. Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders

Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders: How to "always show icons, never thumbnails" only apply to folders, but not filesAdvanced settings only have a option which both apply to files and folders, if i select that, my pictures will only have icons but not thumbnail which i don't want that.I tried to figure it out...
  4. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics: Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help. I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits...
  5. How to show thumbnails instead of icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to show thumbnails instead of icons?: How do I show thumbnails instead of icons? I have it configured under VIEW. And also under PERFORMANCE OPTIONS. However it doesn't work. I still get icons and not thumbnails. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. No icons and Thumbnail instead of Preview

No icons and Thumbnail instead of Preview: Hello. Most of my app/software icons have disappeared. Also most of the images show only thumbnailno previews. My folder options are correct. I tried what I found searching but non have worked for me yet. I hope you can help me! Left image is icons missing right one is...
  7. my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible

in Windows 10 Support
    my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible: os build 18362.418 An old man needs help please my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible with just icons , i have been to win explorer ,view, my icon for thumbnails is unchecked no matter what i do i cannot get my pictures. 144162
  8. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  9. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  10. ICON default views in only specific folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON default views in only specific folders: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...