Windows 10: thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders in windows 10

Discus and support thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders. i tried many ways that i searched in google but none of them works !... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hamoongh, Oct 2, 2019.

1. hamoongh Win User

thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders in windows 10

thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders. i tried many ways that i searched in google but none of them works !

:)

hamoongh, Oct 2, 2019

2. windows 10 thumbnails in the files explorer keeps refreshing

Hi All,

I have a problem with the my windows 10 after installing the latest creators update

when I restart the PC all of the thumbnails for the my files gets refreshed in the files explorer

I tried all of the mentioned methods of re building the thumbnail cache but the problem keeps happening causing exploring my files is very slow

I use the Tiles view for all of my folders

the problem happens when I restart the PC or shunting it down and re booting it

on the same session of using the PC the thumbnails keeps the same without a refresh

please help with this issue and many thanks

Adel AlNajjar, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders in windows 10

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. thumbnails keeps refreshing even after back and forward in folders in windows 10 - Similar Threads - thumbnails keeps refreshing

2. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  3. When online, various windows pop-up screens appear, such as back, forward, refresh, save as...

When online, various windows pop-up screens appear, such as back, forward, refresh, save as...: When I am online, I am getting unwanted 'windows' popups - like this: Back, Forward, Refresh, Save as, etec etc. They appear in boxes and prevent doing things online....
  4. windows 10 keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 keeps refreshing!: Here's the full account. I was installing a game I got from a friend. By the end of it my PC crashed and restarted automatically. After the restart, the desktop kept refreshing it won't let me do anything. I alt+ctrl+deleted and opened task manager. The windows explorer was...
  5. windows 10 keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 keeps refreshing: windows 10 keeps refreshing, would not want to erase HD,what to do/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-refreshing/b6ed45fc-0e79-4407-a5b3-1fc36677fda1
  6. Thumbnails become white blank after refresh

Thumbnails become white blank after refresh: I tried every method posted on the internet to get thumbnails to show but they dont. I tried del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db I tried deleting, defaulting, restoring etc nothing works. Thumnbails DO NOT generate in RANDOM places...
  7. Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 KEEPS REFRESHING: Tried the clean boot - no difference Turned off Wef - no difference Disabled everything and re enabled - no difference Reset system - no difference Could it be a hardware problem (even though the vid card seems to be ok) I am pulling my hair out ! (and I am bald so...
  8. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021
  9. Ports not opening even after forwarding

Ports not opening even after forwarding: So this problem I am having trouble figuring out is port forwarding with windows 10. I am trying to port forward for some games on steam and I tried opening the first one, which is 27015. I used port forwarding on the router but even after forwarding, the port is not open and...
  10. Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh: Win 10 File Explorer thumbnails frequently do not refresh after changes such as cropping in an image editor. Despite much googling I've still not found a reliable fix. For example, Falcon-12 has an AR of 16:9, despite itswide thumb, which looks identical to that of the 2:1...