Windows 10: Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.

Discus and support Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; That's a bit embarrasing. Most (but not all) of my jpg files (and just jpg files, movies, pdfs, etc, are ok) aren't generating thumbnails for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fernandodandrea, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.

That's a bit embarrasing. Most (but not all) of my jpg files (and just jpg files, movies, pdfs, etc, are ok) aren't generating thumbnails for themselves. Problem is it's almost impossible to troubleshoot this as anyone would, 'cause the internet is flooded with the same old stupid "enable thumbs in performance" / "enable thumbs in folder options" solutions. Does anybody had something similar to this?

submitted by /u/fernandodandrea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fernandodandrea, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.

1. Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files. - Similar Threads - Thumbnails missing jpg

2. JPG thumbnails associated with Photoshop show Photos icon - no thumbnail in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG thumbnails associated with Photoshop show Photos icon - no thumbnail in file explorer: In File Explorer I can't see a thumbnail preview of a JPG file. I see an icon for MS Photos. Screen shots attached. I have cleared the thumbnail cache. Older jpgs have thumbnails, but those jpgs I created today I can only see the icon. Preview will not view these new files....
  3. JPG thumbnails associated with Photoshop show Photos icon - no thumbnail in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG thumbnails associated with Photoshop show Photos icon - no thumbnail in file explorer: In File Explorer I can't see a thumbnail preview of a JPG file. I see an icon for MS Photos. Screen shots attached. I have cleared the thumbnail cache. Older jpgs have thumbnails, but those jpgs I created today I can only see the icon. Preview will not view these new files....
  4. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  5. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  6. Black box around jpg thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box around jpg thumbnails: Installed a new PC a couple weeks ago. Windows 11.For some reason, all of my thumbnail JPGs have a black box around them.Everything is updated.Need some advice on how to fix this. Thanks....
  7. File explorer missing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer missing thumbnails: How to find thumbnails instead of icons in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-thumbnails/57dcfeb0-3cff-4a19-9a9a-2dcd3f113775"
  8. missing thumbs and previews on jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing thumbs and previews on jpg files: Few weeks ago my computer stopped showing thumbs on jpc photos, also I can not see them in preview. How can I fix this? I have allready been in view and tried to change from preview pane to detail preview without any change. I have tried to make photos as first choise of...
  9. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  10. Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer: For some reason I cannot get File Explorer in Windows 10 to display thumbnails of my .jpg files. That makes scanning through hundreds of photos very tedious. I am using a desktop, a standard display monitor, manual keyboard, and mouse -- no touch screen. I have done...