Windows 10: Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Discus and support Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by djbittle, Oct 9, 2019.

1. djbittle Win User

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows.

:)

djbittle, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

There is an option in File Explorer that allows icons to change in thumbnail view in Windows 10. To enable thumbnail view, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab of File Explorer.
    • Click Options.
    • In the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Display file icon on thumbnails checkbox were enabled.
    Let us know if you can now view Adobe program icons.

Johann Eva, Oct 9, 2019
  4. d0gknees Win User

Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer - Similar Threads - Thumbnails displaying Explorer

2. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  3. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  4. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  5. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  6. Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails: Since I installed the May 2020 upgrade on Saturday night, Windows Explorer has gone to about 65% CPU usage when I add files to a admittedly large ~ 85k files directory on an external USB3 drive. Most of these files are images jpg with a few mp4s included. Sometimes I can...
  7. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  8. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  9. Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs: Hey Guys, this is an odd one. I have a new Win10 machine which completely refuses to display thumbnails for PDF file types. I have checked the view settings in explorer, and also the visual effects settings and it looks correct. I have tried using Adobe Reader DC...
  10. Preview Bar Displaying WRONG Thumbnails in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Bar Displaying WRONG Thumbnails in the File Explorer: My laptop is displaying the wrong thumbnails after i upgrade to windows 10. When you open the file explorer and preview an file the next file your going to preview will be same thumbnail to the first one even the other files. Here s an video so i can explain well....