Windows 10: Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

Discus and support Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigThirstyDog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not. I Googled for a solution, but nothing worked. I checked my settings, everything was set to view Thumbnails, I tried resetting the Thumbnail Cache, nothing worked. What I ended up doing was to go to the Microsoft Store and getting the MPEG-2 Video Extension and Installing it. It is a Free Download, you just need a Microsoft Account. I was hesitant, after all the Privacy concerns related to Windows 10, I really wanted to stay away from anything Microsoft, but the app seemed harmless enough, so I downloaded it. All Videos have Thumbnail Views now.

There is another program or app that I read about in some of the discussions called Icaros_v3.1.0, I downloaded but did not install it, the word is that it works too. You can find it at Major Geeks website. Sorry for not having a link, maybe in the future.

If anyone finds a solution other than installing Microsoft s MPEG Video Extension or Icaros, Please let me know.

Anyway, Here's what I'm using in the meantime:

Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures 17778581-fa95-4a50-9806-b3c2aaa975de?upload=true.jpg

:)

BigThirstyDog, Jul 30, 2019

2. Windows 7 wrong thumbnail picture

Try control panel / system / advanced system settings.

On the box that comes up click advanced tab and where it says performance click the settings button.

Have a look in the list to see if any visual setting has disabled itself, I'm sure there is settings for thumbnails.

Apart from that no idea atm.

animal007uk, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Jones 361 Win User

Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

Thumbnails do not show for pictures

I did everything up to step 5.

At step 6. I typed Edit Group Policy in the search window and nothing happened.

No User Configuration option showed in fact no options appeared.

I get a list of 'best matches'. One says 'Edit Group Policy' referring to the control panel. When I click on it I get a 'Can't find' message. Please help. This is frustrating.

The system runs fine for a few hours but then suddenly when I open a new folder in file explorer I get a never completing green progress bar in the address window and instead of thumbnails I get icons. In order to get things back to normal I have to restart
    the whole system.

That works for few hours and then the problem starts up all over again.

Again, Please HELP.

Jones 361, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

1. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing pictures

2. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  3. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  4. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  5. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  6. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  7. pictures do not show as thumbnails

pictures do not show as thumbnails: Sometime around April 10th, my pictures stopped showing up as thumbnails. There is just a generic icon and when I select large icon, etc. I cannot get them to show up as thumbnails....
  8. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  9. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  10. Windows 10 picture thumbnails.

Windows 10 picture thumbnails.: Windows 10 picture thumbnails have been deleted. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-picture-thumbnails/c94a0238-36ee-435f-aef0-3f409336b3a1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 thumbnails not showing pictures

2. phone thumbnails not showing pictures on pc