Windows 10: Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Discus and support Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Courtney Lee3, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Hi there,

I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked through MULTIPLE threads and they All say the same exact thing which is: "Go to View tab, go to Options, and go to the change folders, etc..area: go to view tab on there and Uncheck the "always show icons, never thumbnails."

But I have Yet to find anything that does NOT relate to the above because what if that Box has already been UNCHECKED from that folder? It worked when I restarted my computer in the morning and it showed previews for Both Pictures and Videos. Also, I used Windows 10 Btw, I regret updating my computer to Windows 10 = worst decision, it seems like it made almost everything worse. Btw, for those who did update to windows 10 and want to reverse it, you Only have a about a 7-maybe 10 day window to do so. Once it's past the day window = You're stuck with it. When I tried to reverse that, it was grayed out in my system settings I think it was and it said something about a 10-day window.

Anyways, how do I get my Photo and Video thumbnails to show again? Tonight 02/01/20, when I tried restarting my computer, it didn't work fully because I should be able to see my thumbnail previews within the folders and that was around 9:10 PM PST and it's 9:23 PM PST now as I'm asking this. Also, could Storage space specifically have anything to do with thumbnail previews not showing up on my computer? For example: if I keep getting messages that say: "Free up storage." Idk if that could have anything to do w/thumbnails not showing, but if so, please let me know.

***Original title: Re: Thumbnails are Still NOT showing?***

:)

Courtney Lee3, Feb 3, 2020

2. Thumbnails won't show images

On Windows 10 my images aren't showing the image in the thumbnail. It's showing a pieces of blank paper. This randomly started happening today. I have checked the "Organize" setting and the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. I'm not sure
    what else to do. Any suggestions?

Brianne295, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Mikeindia Win User
    Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format

Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format. How can I get back the thumbnails it is quite hard to search for video that I'm looking for without the thumbnails.

Mikeindia, Feb 3, 2020
  4. bobosngle Win User

Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format

bobosngle, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

1. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing images

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.: This is really a continuation of the thread of the same name started by BlakeNY.Like BlakeNY, I became increasingly frustrated at the "answers" that were not 'listening' ok, reading to what s/he was saying.Finally, I found this site:...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.: This is really a continuation of the thread of the same name started by BlakeNY.Like BlakeNY, I became increasingly frustrated at the "answers" that were not 'listening' ok, reading to what s/he was saying.Finally, I found this site:...
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  9. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine: Windows stopped showing video thumbnails in explorer and it's driving me nuts. I make videos for work and now it's like I'm working blind because I can't see what I'm opening. Image thumbnails still work. I have tried every solution I have been able to find but none have...
  10. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...