Windows 10: Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer.

Discus and support Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new HP computer. On my Acer my PNG, JPEG and PDF's all show as pictures. Both are on windows 10. On the HP I just get an icon.(PDF letters or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RowenaHunt, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer.

I have a new HP computer. On my Acer my PNG, JPEG and PDF's all show as pictures. Both are on windows 10. On the HP I just get an icon.(PDF letters or a picture of a mountain) In the view setting under options, view, the always show icons is unchecked. I am viewing these folders on an external hard drive. first photo is how I see them on my Acer and the second is on my new HP.

Can anyone help so I can see the previews of the files I work with? TIA

Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer. [​IMG]Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer. [​IMG]

:)

RowenaHunt, Oct 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer.

Task view thumbnails

At least we got a progress after performing a clean boot. Now, since there are instances that the thumbnails are still disappearing, then this may have something to do with the thumbnail cache. So, here's what to do next.

Follow the steps below to recreate the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click This PC on the left pane.
    • Right-click the C: driver where Windows 10 is installed and select Properties.
    • Next, click Disk Cleanup.
    • Uncheck all the boxes, then check the Thumbnail box only.
    • Click OK, then click Delete Files to confirm and to complete the task.

After that, you should be able to browse files and folders on your computer with thumbnail previews showing up correctly.

Let us know if this goes well for you.

Marque Lor, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer.

1. Thumbnails not viewing on new HP Computer. - Similar Threads - Thumbnails viewing Computer

2. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  3. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  4. Thumbnail View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail View: What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?...
  5. Thumbnails not showing in folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing in folder view: My canon cr2 images are not showing at thumbnails though jpgs do show up. I have just switched to a different camera. The CR2 files used to show previously but these are larger 2m mb images. Do I need to somehow allocate more memory? 164984
  6. thumbnail view issue

thumbnail view issue: Hello, I have installed pdf reader like foxit reader, sumatra pdf and microsoft edge as well. When I use the thumbnail view unchecked always show icons not thumbnail. As a result my other directories except Ondrive directories PDF thumbnails are working fine. But for...
  7. view thumbnails of photos

view thumbnails of photos: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  8. view thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    view thumbnails: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  9. Thumbnail view size

Thumbnail view size: Even when I have selected extra large icons the thumbnails are only showing as large icons. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-view-size/57e412f5-d3c6-478a-851f-1c52e74a655e"
  10. Icon/thumbnail views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon/thumbnail views: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Thumnails not appearing on my hp