Windows 10: Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

Discus and support Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only see an Icon when browsing my pictures. If the screen refreshes, I momentarily see the photo but then they all return to a blue mountain Icon. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinHorton, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

I only see an Icon when browsing my pictures. If the screen refreshes, I momentarily see the photo but then they all return to a blue mountain Icon. I checked in "options" and made sure that the box in "view" stating "always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. What next?

:)

KevinHorton, Sep 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Ringbol Win User
    Thumbnails not visible for JPG files in Windows 10

I refer you to the question -

I have been through the comments and unchecked the "Always show icons not thumbnails" box and I have deleted my cache as suggested by some parties. Still no Thumbnails visible although they are visible in my Dropbox account when viewed.

The "Livedrive" system uses uncryption for the "Breifcase" files - this did not affect Windows 7 which I had on an older computer and I could see jpgs etc as thumbnails.

Ringbol, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Ringbol Win User

Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

Thumbnails not visible for JPG files in Windows 10

My Computer came with Windows 10 installed. Previously I have always been able to view images as Thumbnails in the folder using the large or extra large icons in my Livedrive breifcase system where I back up all my work.

I have been through the comments and unchecked the "Always show icons not thumbnails" box and I have deleted my cache as suggested by some parties. Still no Thumbnails visible although they are visible in my Dropbox account.

Any suggestions?

Ringbol, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

1. Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon - Similar Threads - Thumbnails visible viewing

2. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  3. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  4. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?: Is there a way to vie files as icons only on the desktop? Thumbnails make it harder to find the files, as they al look like small white rectangles. Its not like you can make out any detail at that size. Much easier to look for an app icon since I know what app it was made...
  6. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  7. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  8. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  9. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  10. Icon/thumbnail views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon/thumbnail views: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...