Windows 10: Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving

Discus and support Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 , Home single language, Version 1909, OS build 18363.1082. ==================================================== This topic has been tackled some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Rickerz Win User

Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving

W10 , Home single language, Version 1909, OS build 18363.1082.
    ====================================================

This topic has been tackled some years ago , but did not have an answer , It suddenly happened to me between Windows updates. In any folder I'd have pictures that I do edit then save back (over the early one), normally the new thumb picture change and reflects the new image that got updated. Not anymore, the picture remain with old thumbnail, but when I display it shows the intended edited picture. Here is a beauty, if I folder to a different disk, the proper thumbnail emerges .
    I went through several suggestions none of which offered any solution.

So how can I get to see a recent edited picture once saved? like I used to weeks ago?

:)

Rickerz, Sep 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving

Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving

1. Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving - Similar Threads - Thumbnails edited picture

2. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    subfolder pictures don't save windows 10: Hello am wondering how to keep my folders/subfolders with pictures not icons as i try to go to properties customise pictures ticked the box also apply this template to all sub folders. but when i shift the folder to another folder the pictures in subfolders return to general...
  3. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    subfolder pictures don't save windows 10: Hello am wondering how to keep my folders/subfolders with pictures not icons as i try to go to properties customise pictures ticked the box also apply this template to all sub folders. but when i shift the folder to another folder the pictures in subfolders return to general...
  4. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing: In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I try to save a photo after editing in W10 Photos, it gets stuck at "Saving....". This is the case whether I'm saving over the...
  6. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing: In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I try to save a photo after editing in W10 Photos, it gets stuck at "Saving....". This is the case whether I'm saving over the...
  7. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files: Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails show, but when I close the folder and reopen they become blank 'envelopes'. Is there a simple solution I can perform myself?...
  9. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  10. Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?: it Always Still Old Thumbnails When I Saved New Images. How to Refresh That ? 71146