Windows 10: Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

Discus and support Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zerofeltan, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting

:)

Zerofeltan, Jul 20, 2022
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Jones 361 Win User

Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

Thumbnails do not show for pictures

I did everything up to step 5.

At step 6. I typed Edit Group Policy in the search window and nothing happened.

No User Configuration option showed in fact no options appeared.

I get a list of 'best matches'. One says 'Edit Group Policy' referring to the control panel. When I click on it I get a 'Can't find' message. Please help. This is frustrating.

The system runs fine for a few hours but then suddenly when I open a new folder in file explorer I get a never completing green progress bar in the address window and instead of thumbnails I get icons. In order to get things back to normal I have to restart
    the whole system.

That works for few hours and then the problem starts up all over again.

Again, Please HELP.

Jones 361, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

1. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search - Similar Threads - Thumbnails apps showing

2. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search: My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59...
  3. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search: My issue is the same as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-icon-of-apps-not-showing-in-windows-10/129678c0-5a91-4d58-89d2-751c29b68f59...
  4. Thumbnail icons of many windows based apps are not showing in search

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

in Cortana
    Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.: Hi, I've been facing this issue since almost a year, Whenever I search an app in the search bar it doesn't show the thumbnail of the app. Its very annoying.Kindly help me....
  6. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.: Hi, I've been facing this issue since almost a year, Whenever I search an app in the search bar it doesn't show the thumbnail of the app. Its very annoying.Kindly help me....
  7. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

8. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  9. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  10. Windows Search Thumbnail not showing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Thumbnail not showing: Hi, recently when I search in start menu, almost all of thumbnails will show as a I thought this will fix soon but still after a week it doesn't. any help? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Office appsexcluding Outlook and Edge shows, but apps like Weather, Calendar doesn't...