Windows 10: Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

Discus and support Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zeshan_Munawar, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options but didn't work for me.

:)

Zeshan_Munawar, Mar 25, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible. [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Can't see Thumbnails in photos -- just the Windows Icon

Hi suggest you eliminate Onedrive from the equation and use or put a photo/image file in a folder not synched by Onedrive.

Then check settings here:

A screenshot can help- thus:

For more: search the forum for e.g.
    no thumbnails for image files ->

dalchina, Mar 25, 2021
  4. joegti Win User

Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

Taskbar Thumbnails

For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue.

joegti, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

1. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible. - Similar Threads - Thumbnails photos icons

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  6. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  7. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  9. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  10. Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS): Oddly, some icons are not showing up in the bottom left section of the taskbar. I simply see a blue underline without the actual icon. Help?...