Windows 10: thumbnails painfully slow to load

Discus and support thumbnails painfully slow to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a high powered Lenovo laptop for photo editing thinking I had all my bases covered - only to be tripped up by Windows 10 PAINFULLY slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hidn20, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Hidn20 Win User

thumbnails painfully slow to load

Hi, I bought a high powered Lenovo laptop for photo editing thinking I had all my bases covered - only to be tripped up by Windows 10 PAINFULLY slow loading and thus browsing of picture thumbnails. I have sometimes 1000s of photos in files that I need to view thumbnails of on the fly - can anything be done? ALL the people who told me buy Mac are now laughing in my face... About 1000 thumbnails takes around 10 minutes to load, and only if active on screen whole folder won't auto thumbnail, out of screen pictures remain icons until I scroll and the screen holds on them - I need them to show pretty much instantly as I scroll - why is it so slow? I honestly can't work with it being so slow. Any advice appreciated. Feeling dumb.

:)

Hidn20, Mar 22, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2021
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 22, 2021
  4. thumbnails painfully slow to load

Windows 10 - Thumbnail Slow Loading

Hello everyone,

On windows 10 thumbnails are too slow loading. especially on PSD, TIFF, PNG, AI, etc., graphical design files. i tried installing PSC CODEC, Sagethumbs, ARDFY, Etc.,. Tried customized folder option into pictures. cleared cache thumbnails on disk cleanup.
    NOTHING WORKS i want new way to fast thumbnails especially for graphical designing files like PSD.

aravindthavithu, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

thumbnails painfully slow to load

1. thumbnails painfully slow to load - Similar Threads - thumbnails painfully slow

2. Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  3. Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow thumbnail loading on SSD with Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  4. Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow thumbnail loading in SSD on Windows Explorer: I have 4 drives. 1xKingston KC600, 1x970 Evo Plus and, 1x2TB HDD Seagate and a new 2TB PNY CS900 I just swapped my old HDD for. I tested this new SSD in some scenarios. Crystaldiskmark, which showed normal results 550mb/s read and 500mbs write and in loading Cyberpunk 2077,...
  5. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites: Windows 10 Home22H2This is my elderly parents computer and while my Dad is fairly computer savvy, he has a tendency to do things he shouldn't and can be forgetful, so it's difficult for me to know exact details regarding when these problems started. I should state that I'm no...
  6. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites: Windows 10 Home22H2This is my elderly parents computer and while my Dad is fairly computer savvy, he has a tendency to do things he shouldn't and can be forgetful, so it's difficult for me to know exact details regarding when these problems started. I should state that I'm no...
  7. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. External Drive thumbnails loading very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External Drive thumbnails loading very slow: So I have an external drive connected to my main Alienware Laptop via either usb, I do a lot of photo editing and processing but I've found the biggest time waster for me is whenever I browse through my thumbnail files on any of my external drives, they take such a long time...
  9. External Drive thumbnails loading very slow

External Drive thumbnails loading very slow: So I have an external drive connected to my main Alienware Laptop via either usb, I do a lot of photo editing and processing but I've found the biggest time waster for me is whenever I browse through my thumbnail files on any of my external drives, they take such a long time...
  10. SLOW LOADING THUMBNAILS ON GOOGLE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW LOADING THUMBNAILS ON GOOGLE DRIVE: I have a very specific need to find a highly experienced IT consultant, with unique experience editing the Windows registry of a Dell Laptop, in order to solve a QUICK ACCESS view problem in the dialog box, when saving an image, etc. 1. RECENT FOLDERS LINK IS NOT INSIDE SAVE...