Windows 10: Thumbnails showing as icons

Discus and support Thumbnails showing as icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - I hope someone can help When I look at my phone image files through my laptop via USB MTP using Windows10 I can see some file thumbnails as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ala, Feb 25, 2016.

1. ALA
    Ala Win User

Thumbnails showing as icons

Hi - I hope someone can help

When I look at my phone image files through my laptop via USB MTP using Windows10 I can see some file thumbnails as images (those from the DCIM Android folders - DCM images and other JPG images transferred to my phone from my camera) but other folders e.g. the Aviary folder, or other third party app adjusted photos, or Whats App images (in IMG format or videos) all show as the generic icon rather than thumbnail image (weirdly there's one out of hundreds of Whats App files that shows as an image (????!!!!). This means file management is virtually impossible.

I've googled this obviously and can see

a) that my Folder Option / View / 'Always show icons never thumbnails' is unchecked, and
    b) that through advanced system performance settings the 'adjust for best appearance button' is pressed and the 'show thumbnails instead of icons' is checked

What am I missing? Can anyone help me resolve this -
    Thanks in anticipation

:)

2. PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 windows explorer

Windows 10's windows explorer does not show PDF thumbnails, only the PDF icon.... Checked all of my icon/thumbnail settings all are set to show thumbnails not icons ….. 95% of my work is with PDF's please fix or inform how to switch back to 8.1 …... NO PDF
    THUMBNAILS IS HURTING MY BUSINESS....

ChrisMalchow, Feb 25, 2016
  3. BingZK Win User
    I have the box for "Always show icons , never thumbnails" unchecked but it still doesn't show thumbnails!

*O.T.> Thumbnails in File Explorer.

I have the box for "Always show icons , never thumbnails" unchecked but it still doesn't show thumbnails! Help! ;3;

BingZK, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

Thumbnails showing as icons

1. Thumbnails showing as icons - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing icons

2. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  3. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  4. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  5. Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up: Hello, I can't see my thumbnail previews/icons in my folders. I have tried disk cleanup, running command prompt, restarting my laptop, using winfilefolder.diagcab and running that, I've tried turning 'always show icons never thumbnails' on and off/and keeping it unchecked and...
  6. How to show thumbnails instead of icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to show thumbnails instead of icons?: How do I show thumbnails instead of icons? I have it configured under VIEW. And also under PERFORMANCE OPTIONS. However it doesn't work. I still get icons and not thumbnails. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Thumbnails showing only icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  8. Icons and thumbnails

Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  9. *.ani and *.cur Icons Not Showing Thumbnail

*.ani and *.cur Icons Not Showing Thumbnail: I've been doing a bit of mucking about with cursor icons lately, and downloaded a few I thought were interesting. Using Explorer, I went to c:\Windows\Cursors, and I could see all the thumbnails, great. I wanted to tweak some of them, so I downloaded a cursor editor...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...