Windows 10: Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

Discus and support Thumbnails Stopped Appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GenericName29386573e35839, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and making a DWORD entry ExtendedUIHoverTime & setting it's Decimal value to 90000After restarting, it did get rid of the painfully obnoxious taskbar hover popups, but I stopped being able to see image thumbnails in Explorer. How do I make them appear again?Things I've tried:* Removing the regedit entry I made and restarting* Clearing thumbnail cache in Disk Clean

:)

GenericName29386573e35839, Oct 8, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Peels Win User
    No thumbnail for .JPG file, while thumbnail shows up for .jpg file

Hello Andre,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have followed all your steps but the thumbnails still do not appear.

This is really frustrating since I can see the thumbnail for a split second before it reverts to the default photo icon.

Peels, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

No thumbnails issue in Windows 10

Thank you for your prompt response. Certain folder options can cause the thumbnails not to appear in your File Explorer. Let us follow these steps to ensure that the thumbnail settings are enabled:

• Using Windows Search, type and click File Explorer Options.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Uncheck the Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox.

Reach out to us again if further help is needed.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

1. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

2. Thumbnails not appearing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not appearing in Windows 11: Hello,Recently, from a week or so, I stopped getting the thumbnails of all files with .mp4 extension. I've tried my best to get it back fixed but sadly, the issue isn't resolved. P.S = I feel that this problem started after I meddled with the Registry Editor. Unfortunately, I...
  3. Thumbnails not appearing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not appearing in Windows 11: Hello,Recently, from a week or so, I stopped getting the thumbnails of all files with .mp4 extension. I've tried my best to get it back fixed but sadly, the issue isn't resolved. P.S = I feel that this problem started after I meddled with the Registry Editor. Unfortunately, I...
  4. Thumbnails not appearing at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not appearing at all.: I just purchased a new laptop & backed up all my photos from an old laptop to this one via thumb drive. They showed up fine at first & now don't show up at all. After the first day & restarting my computer, some showed up, some didn't. I thought I found some solutions here,...
  5. Thumbnails not appearing at all.

Thumbnails not appearing at all.: I just purchased a new laptop & backed up all my photos from an old laptop to this one via thumb drive. They showed up fine at first & now don't show up at all. After the first day & restarting my computer, some showed up, some didn't. I thought I found some solutions here,...
  6. Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10: A few months back the thumbnails for my video files .mp4 stopped appearing and now just appear as the stock video icon after I believe I downloaded and installed WinRAR. However, my image files .jpg, .png, and .gif are still fine. Over time, sometimes when I have downloaded a...
  7. Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10: A few months back the thumbnails for my video files .mp4 stopped appearing and now just appear as the stock video icon after I believe I downloaded and installed WinRAR. However, my image files .jpg, .png, and .gif are still fine. Over time, sometimes when I have downloaded a...
  8. Video thumbnails not appearing on Windows 10

9. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails Stopped Appearing: I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and making a DWORD entry ExtendedUIHoverTime &...
  10. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails Stopped Appearing: I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and making a DWORD entry ExtendedUIHoverTime &...