Windows 10: Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

Discus and support Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My picture thumbnails won't generate for my OneDrive files on my local drive. They do generate for pictures not in the OneDrive folder. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark94015, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Mark94015 Win User

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

My picture thumbnails won't generate for my OneDrive files on my local drive. They do generate for pictures not in the OneDrive folder. I've tried everything - restarting OneDrive, ensuring that the generate thumbnails box is checked in Explorer. Baffled

:)

Mark94015, Apr 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

(Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows)

My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail previews of images in my picture folders. Rather
    than seeing a thumbnail of the picture, all I see are icons. In a folder that may contain 100 picture files, there may be 5 or 10 thumbnails... The rest show a standard icon. I have tried every trouble shooting method shared on the net and from Microsoft.
    I just spent several hours working with the Windows 10 support team first with a junior tech and then with a senior tech and we isolated the problem to an issue with OneDrive where thumbnails do not seem to synch properly.

Example...

1. If I copy all the pictures from one of my OneDrive folders to a folder on my desktop all the thumbnails appear without an issue.
    2. If I create a new folder in OneDrive and copy the same pictures to that new folder the thumbnails appear at first... If I close the folder and reopen it, the thumbnails disappear.
    3. In working with the senior Windows tech we copied all my picture files from my OneDrive folder to a new folder on my desktop. Again all thumbnails worked correctly. After verifying that we had copied all files we deleted the pictures in OneDrive so the
      folder was empty. We then copied the pictures that were now in a folder on my desktop to OneDrive. Similar to #2 above, at first it appeared as everything worked correctly but when I closed the OneDrive folder and opened it again, the thumbnails disappeared.

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures dd082cee-1493-4bf6-9d39-96474903a43d?upload=true.jpg

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures 937ed93e-737b-4009-a399-05f257cd0d8a?upload=true.jpg

VSquaredX5, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

1. Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures - Similar Threads - Thumbnails won't generate

2. Force the generation of a thumbnail for a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Force the generation of a thumbnail for a specific file: I have a lot of movies stored and for unknown reason a single one of them refuse to generate a thumbnaili cleaned the thumbnail cache multiple times, redownloaded the file but nothing happenit shouldn't be a "format" issue because the file is a mkv with h264, and i have the...
  3. Force the generation of a thumbnail for a specific file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force the generation of a thumbnail for a specific file: I have a lot of movies stored and for unknown reason a single one of them refuse to generate a thumbnaili cleaned the thumbnail cache multiple times, redownloaded the file but nothing happenit shouldn't be a "format" issue because the file is a mkv with h264, and i have the...
  4. Force the generation of a thumbnail for a specific file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  6. OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails

OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails: When "Files on demand" is enabled, I can't see the file thumbnails in folders inside OneDrive, even if the file is actually downloaded. How can I fix this?...
  7. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  8. Thumbnails won't display in Pictures

Thumbnails won't display in Pictures: When I open This PC, I can open all my folders. I can open any word document, pdf files, folders, whatever - as long as it is not a photo. I can even access the screenshots I've taken with Screen Hunter. The most obvious is when I open Pictures, the names of different...
  9. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  10. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer: Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10 Just bought a new HP Win10 laptop and for some reason File Explorer would not show most of my pictures or as thumbnails. But with hundreds of files in a dozen folders trying to upload a picture to Facebook or a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnail wont generate