Windows 10: THUMBNAILS

Discus and support THUMBNAILS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WHEN I DOWNLOAD A GROUP OF PICS TO MY DESKTOP. THEY ONLY SHOW AS ICONS. NEVER HAS THIS HAPPENED BEFORE AND I TRIED ALL THE DISK CLEANUP, DELETING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryReeves, Dec 4, 2018.

1. THUMBNAILS

WHEN I DOWNLOAD A GROUP OF PICS TO MY DESKTOP. THEY ONLY SHOW AS ICONS. NEVER HAS THIS HAPPENED BEFORE AND I TRIED ALL THE DISK CLEANUP, DELETING THUMBNAIL ICONS AND SO FORTH

:)

LarryReeves, Dec 4, 2018

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2018
  4. THUMBNAILS

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

THUMBNAILS

1. THUMBNAILS - Similar Threads - THUMBNAILS

2. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  3. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  4. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...
  5. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file: 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/77d-can-not-see-thumbnail-in-cr2-file/1044b918-081d-4a23-a6f4-d712023de5eb"
  6. How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?

How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?: How do I get pictures to show as thumbnails rather than icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-picture-to-be-thumbnail-and-not-icons/6b649472-7839-4370-bfb0-d0b47a998e81"
  7. split screen videos ,Even thumbnails

split screen videos ,Even thumbnails: Awhy the hell would I want a video with the same video split screen .05 seconds a part ? how do I remove this stupid **** ? I swear these people are BULLIES...
  8. Video Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails Broken: I have one PC with Windows 10 Home on it that has suddenly stopped displaying video thumbnails. Funny thing is that on other PC's on my network it works just fine. Picture thumbnails work fine but video thumbnails have stopped displaying at all. I have checked the obvious...
  9. missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10

missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10: Is there a way to find missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-in-file-explorer-windows-10/587fafac-8b1e-4288-86e1-6751f6760a1a"
  10. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...